Talk to Me Keyboard Issue

rothenbj

Reaction score
I bought Talk to Me Keyboard off the market a.week or so ago. I made it my default keyboard and found that if I'm speaking clearly in short sentences the voice to text works fairly well. It comes back with four possible translations, usually getting it right for me. However when it doesn't understand what I said, it can be pretty amusing.

That is not where I'm having issues. Hopefully this topic has not been brought up in another thread, but I did a search and didn't find it.

When using the keyboard (I don't know if it is their keyboard with a mic and options key on the top or if they somehow added the mic and options keys to the standard keyboard), after entering text for a while the keyboard stops working. From my experience, this has happened after a 1000 charactera have been entered.

The symptoms are that you'll hit the key, but the text won't appear in the text window. I've been in contact with the developer and they are looking into it.

From our correspondence, I was able to get the text to appear if I moved from landscape to portrait. However, going back to landscape, the same issue existed.

Has anyone been experiencing this same issue?

I appologize for any typos since I'm keying this in on a Verizon Eris using Talk to Me keyboard. I have not been able to duplicate the.error on this device.

My Droid seems to have a problem with the app, either the device or the fact that it's running Android 2.0. I've also made this post extra long trying to get the Eris to.fail.without success.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has done extensive text entry using Talk to Me Keyboard app.

dr.droid

Reaction score
Just curious how long did this take to input all this (compared to keyboard input) and how many errors did you get?

GeneRs

Reaction score
I bought Talk to Me Keyboard off the market a.week or so ago. I made it my default keyboard and found that if I'm speaking clearly in short sentences the voice to text works fairly well. It comes back with four possible translations, usually getting it right for me. However when it doesn't understand what I said, it can be pretty amusing.

That is not where I'm having issues. Hopefully this topic has not been brought up in another thread, but I did a search and didn't find it.

When using the keyboard (I don't know if it is their keyboard with a mic and options key on the top or if they somehow added the mic and options keys to the standard keyboard), after entering text for a while the keyboard stops working. From my experience, this has happened after a 1000 charactera have been entered.

The symptoms are that you'll hit the key, but the text won't appear in the text window. I've been in contact with the developer and they are looking into it.

From our correspondence, I was able to get the text to appear if I moved from landscape to portrait. However, going back to landscape, the same issue existed.

Has anyone been experiencing this same issue?

I appologize for any typos since I'm keying this in on a Verizon Eris using Talk to Me keyboard. I have not been able to duplicate the.error on this device.

My Droid seems to have a problem with the app, either the device or the fact that it's running Android 2.0. I've also made this post extra long trying to get the Eris to.fail.without success.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has done extensive text entry using Talk to Me Keyboard app.

O...M...G... This is the EXACT same problem I have with better keyboard! The only way I've been able to fix mine is by turning off BK and starting it again. Completely annoying.

OP
R

rothenbj

Reaction score
Just curious how long did this take to input all this (compared to keyboard input) and how many errors did you get?

You misunderstood the issue. TTM Keyboard works either as voice entry or virtual keyboard entry. The issue is with the virtual keyboard.

I only use voice for shorter messages.

OP
R

rothenbj

Reaction score
O...M...G... This is the EXACT same problem I have with better keyboard! The only way I've been able to fix mine is by turning off BK and starting it again. Completely annoying.

That's interesting since it's a difference app. I'm assuming you're on a Droid. Have you tried moving from landscape to portrait when it happens? I found that the letters typed would then come in with TTM Keyboard. I'm beginning to believe this might be tied to android 2.

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
This one's not ready for realtime use. As far as a hands free aid it requires activation of the mike, visual verification and selection of each phrase (keep them short or you'll be repeating yourself) and manual correction and/or input of puncuation. It would be extremely frustrating to attempt to use this as a tool for professional correspondence via email in a timely manner. The comedy value is off the charts. Maybe not so funny to the recipient of your message.