Tablet help!!

tomatofoot

Reaction score
I bought a cheap tablet for my 9 year old daughter. Its the sylvania symbatex 7-2. Obvioisly it doesnt have the android market, but whats a good way to get apps? I really only need angry birds and a few other kids games. Im not too tech saavy to root it, if it can even be done, and ingernet searches turn up some 3rd party developers for the market, but i need pro help...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Have you set up a Google account on it for her? If you set up an account you should have the market place. To prevent her from purchasing apps you can place a PIN lock on purchases and there is a content filter as well.

OP
tomatofoot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
From what i understand, it doesnt support the android market, but it did come with something called SlideMe app market. But that doesnt have angry birds, and im looking for a app store that i can get it from...among other things.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah my bad, I did not find your tablet first because it was spelled wrong. When I just searched "Sylvania tablets" I found some info and from the preliminary stuff I am seeing it looks like you have to root it to have an actual market. Not sure how you can get it, I am going to look around and see what I can come up with if anything.

Last edited:

sharkerbaby

Reaction score
are you able to get the amazon app store? I was able to get it on my tablet but i also rooted it so I'm not sure if that was necessary before i could install it

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
are you able to get the amazon app store? I was able to get it on my tablet but i also rooted it so I'm not sure if that was necessary before i could install it

I got sidetracked and did not make it back fast enough to state this but I am pretty sure this should work.

I just used it on my phone which was completely wiped, no accounts on it. Should be good to go once you get it installed.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Cool, glad you got it working. Better make sure you don't try it out, you may not want to give it back to her :p

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could sideload angry birds if you just want that app. but id suggest amazon if you can get that..

OP
tomatofoot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
I tried the amazon market. I was able to download the market but could not download the apps. It kept saying "problems with payment". I have an amazon account and was logged in and everything.
I just used the link I posted earlier to get the full market.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
IDK if thatl be around long. Market does get an update every now and then. I get you could always keep the old versions but that would get annoying after a while.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IDK if thatl be around long. Market does get an update every now and then. I get you could always keep the old versions but that would get annoying after a while.

Maybe only keep up to a point?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums