Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I am going to drag this back up and see if anyone else agrees with me... I was just browsing the Verizon site trying to find a reason to stay... I was looking at tablets and thinking of adding one to my account that has data access.... I LOVE my Tab A with S pen but Samsung just hasn't seemed to really pump put any great tablets lately... The S2 seems like a great device but there is no S Pen option... I have come to depend on this so much I just don't think that I can have a tablet without the S pen or something similar...

I even sunk so low as to check out the Apple Pro which seems like a BEAST of a tablet but no native pen... I know Apple has there pencil but I haven't looked into that all that much...

My real reason for dragging this thread back up was to ask are tablets starting to become a thing of the past with how large "phablets" are getting or am I missing something? The line up out there is really sad. I would really like an S2 with S pen because I think the only real thing my Tab A lacks is the better display and perhaps some processing power.... Which is something the iPad Pro really seems to have.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's me but Surface type laptops along with monstrously capable phones with huge screens seem to be combining to kill the tablet market . I personally don't use my Note8 much anymore and since I let my youngest daughter start using my Note2 she doesn't use the Tab very often anymore either.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I am going to drag this back up and see if anyone else agrees with me... I was just browsing the Verizon site trying to find a reason to stay... I was looking at tablets and thinking of adding one to my account that has data access.... I LOVE my Tab A with S pen but Samsung just hasn't seemed to really pump put any great tablets lately... The S2 seems like a great device but there is no S Pen option... I have come to depend on this so much I just don't think that I can have a tablet without the S pen or something similar...

I even sunk so low as to check out the Apple Pro which seems like a BEAST of a tablet but no native pen... I know Apple has there pencil but I haven't looked into that all that much...

My real reason for dragging this thread back up was to ask are tablets starting to become a thing of the past with how large "phablets" are getting or am I missing something? The line up out there is really sad. I would really like an S2 with S pen because I think the only real thing my Tab A lacks is the better display and perhaps some processing power.... Which is something the iPad Pro really seems to have.

I've been searching for a tablet i just bought an iPad Pro 9.7 ...with a slim case I see no issues using a pen ...right now the best two IMO either iPad Pro or Samsung S2

6S PLUS

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Maybe it's me but Surface type laptops along with monstrously capable phones with huge screens seem to be combining to kill the tablet market . I personally don't use my Note8 much anymore and since I let my youngest daughter start using my Note2 she doesn't use the Tab very often anymore either.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

I find myself using the tab more and more for Tapatalk and email... It is a pain to type on but overall with the case I have on it it is easier to hold than my phone... I do really like the Surface Pro but the price is just a deal breaker for me. I would rather spend that much on an actual higher end laptop.

I've been searching for a tablet i just bought an iPad Pro 9.7 ...with a slim case I see no issues using a pen ...right now the best two IMO either iPad Pro or Samsung S2

6S PLUS

You haven't happened to try the Apple Pencil? It's not so much using a stylus but using one with the added functionality of the S Pen or Apple Pencil.... I know that most of the features I use it for can be done now with stand alone apps. I just like the "bond" of the S pen and how it attaches to the device and is always there.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You haven't happened to try the Apple Pencil? It's not so much using a stylus but using one with the added functionality of the S Pen or Apple Pencil.... I know that most of the features I use it for can be done now with stand alone apps. I just like the "bond" of the S pen and how it attaches to the device and is always there.

I've not tried it yet but plan to soon ...I'm going to use the tablet more for my work commute and this will actually be my first one ...

6S PLUS

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I've not tried it yet but plan to soon ...I'm going to use the tablet more for my work commute and this will actually be my first one ...

6S PLUS
Keep me updated if you can... I would like to get familiar with Apple again and don't want to do it with my phone. I think the tablet would be a good option and I can add it to my plan on Verizon (If I stay with them) and have data on it.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I won't ever, if I can help it, not use a tablet. Had the S2, which was stolen, it was awesome, incredible screen, but replaced it with a Costco deal TabA, without pen. I looked at the A with pen, but since I didn't have use knowledge I opted for savings over learning to use it.
Now with my Note 7 coming, I sort of wish I had bought it...
I use my Tablet tethered to my phone data when not in WiFi range, so getting one with 4G never made sense.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk