Tablet Activation's Edge Out Smartphone Activation's on Christmas Day

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
flurry.jpg

Christmas Day brought a surge of iOS and Android wireless device activation's which certainly brought a smile to developers and manufacturers alike. Acording to Flurry, an application analytical firm, more than 17 million devices were activated with tablets accounting for 51% of that figure. That is an astounding 3 times as many activation's as a year ago. Flurry also found that mobile device owners downloaded 328 million apps on Christmas which set a record number and a 112% increase from a year ago.

Despite Apple iPad Minis and Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7-inch tablets being the most popular devices to sell on Christmas, Android Tablets continue to gain on the iPad in popularity according to Chitika Insights. We want to hear from you, did you receive or gift a tablet and/or smartphone and what OS is it running?

Source: GigaOm

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Got a tablet for an early Christmas present. The Insignia Flex tablet.

Although, the guy who got it for me said he would not at all be offended if I traded it in for a Nexus 7. :D

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Got my 67 year old father in law a used Iconia A500 off Criagslist. On a whim. Price was right and he seemed to like my Transformer when I showed it to him.
He's not very computer literate. I am SHOCKED that he has not called me once about it and mom in law said he HASN'T PUT IT DOWN! OMG He's like a crack addict.

And they say "Apple devices JUST WORK". I never understood that. The A500 is JUST WORKING for my 67 year old F-I-L! :D

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am SHOCKED that he has not called me once about it and mom in law said he HASN'T PUT IT DOWN!
And they say "Apple devices JUST WORK".

amazing, i get daily calls from my parents and inlaws about smarphones/tablets.

also, apple devices just work AFTER you connect them to pc. without pc it's as useful as a paper weight.

jayman350

Reaction score
both my mom and brother got new kindle fire hd 8.9" tablets for Christmas, i bought my fiance a new HTC One V

so a 2:1 tablet to phone activation in my family :D

kind of surprised to hear that the ipad mini did well, it is such a sub-par device compared to apple's usual offerings, and it just can't compete with the N7