T-Mobile Surpasses Sprint as Third Largest US Carrier with 59 Million Subscribers

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unfortunately to those of us that travel more rural locations they used most of that to upgrade existing and very little into expansion. What used to be 2G only is now 4G LTE but what used to be dead is still dead. In too many huge portions of Virginia and West Virginia. I'd still be with them if not for that.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Same here in the majority of the North West part of the country. There's just nothing that comes close to Verizon's coverage out here. Now if I lived back in the South East I would be excited.
More power to them though.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep going! Eventually project fi will be worth my time.

Traveling without cell service sucks. Back in the day we had these things called pay phones if we need help on the road. Now they are almost all obsolete.
My 7 year old saw a pay phone recently and asked me what it is. She couldn't fathom why anyone would use one of those instead of their mobile phone, not able to grasp life without a mobile phone in the vehicle. She finally let it go when I said it's good for in case your battery dies on your mobile phone and you need to make a call. She said it's worth .35 if your battery dies. Wisdom from the mouths of babes.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If my phone died, there's literally no one I could call from a pay phone other than work. That's the only number I have memorized anymore. I used to know all of my friend's numbers by heart before I had a cell phone. I'd have to call work to get my wife's number from my emergency contact info. Haha

There's actually a pay phone in the parking lot of the gas station near my house. I should pick it up & see if there's a dial tone next time I stop there...