T-Mobile Now The Defacto Carrier For US Tourists?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

T-Mobile has steadily been breaking the mold when it comes to what a carrier should be in the US. Their plans have been mirroring those of the more affordable European carriers. In the past US consumers have paid ungodly prices for their plans in order to save money on the cost of their device. Subsidized pricing seems more and more to be a thing of the past. This movement in the US has been led by T-Mobile.

They may have just started a new trend! T-Mobile will now offer a $30 plan for tourists visiting the US. The plan gives you service for 3 weeks, and includes 2GB of data, 1,000 minutes. These minutes can be used to phone home. Calls and texts to more than 140 countries are included. Binge On is not included, but hotspot is. Just walk into a T-Mobile store and ask for the "tourist plan".

via Tmobile

Domestic violence

Reaction score
I'm a VZW to T-Mo convert.

Not one issue at all so far. I just got my $191 ETF from VZW which I have to pay and am hoping the reimbursement is as seamless as the transition was.

Loving Binge On and Data Stash too. I think I banked like 8.8gb the first month,

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
TMO has always been Foreigner/Tourist/Non Resident Friendly. When I visit the States, they always have made it easy to get a SIM and provide a cost reasonable service.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a VZW to T-Mo convert.

Not one issue at all so far. I just got my $191 ETF from VZW which I have to pay and am hoping the reimbursement is as seamless as the transition was.

Loving Binge On and Data Stash too. I think I banked like 8.8gb the first month,
I'm a Verizon to T-Mobile to At&T convert. Except for their rural coverage I'd still be a T-Mobile user. I got on AT&T right when they doubled the data then they added rollover so I pay for 1 gig but average having over 3.5 every month due to rollover.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><