T-Mobile Gala S Vibrant Getting Froyo, High Hopes for VZW Gala S Fascinate?

want a droid

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant will get Froyo tomorrow, says T-Mobile CMO -- Engadget

With the T-Mobile Galaxy S Vibrant getting Froyo tomorrow. Maybe things are looking up with the Verizon Fascinate and Froyo?

Interesting closing line: "We're not totally sure, but we imagine that T-Mobile's rivals aren't sitting still -- we'll probably hear some fascinating, captivating and totally epic news about Froyo any minute now."

Your thoughts?

Shipley

Reaction score
hopefully they'll bring back the ability to mount the phone with an update, so i don't lose 50% of the functionality of my smart phone.

missing my iPhone now.

Njn92

Reaction score
We wont be seeing froyo..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

bball1794

Reaction score
We won't?? What makes you say that?

Lostcase

Reaction score
He's Just bitter.... and rightfully so. I am too.

jogutier

Reaction score
He's Just bitter.... and rightfully so. I am too.

I think the reason they haven't did the Froyo installment to all Galaxy S phones is because Verizon wants to sell the New Samsung 4G that has froyo already installed in it. That way people that already have the Galaxy S with Verizon will give up and just add a new line or upgrade to this new 4G phone. Just a thought, but I worked for the company for 5 years and it wouldn't suprise me if that is the way their thinking. We would have day long meetings on what to push out and when. They are difenetly out for the money. What company isn't. T-mobile is getting Froyo pushed out to their Galaxy S phone. We can just wait till someone from XDA hacks that OS. lol G.O.D. I hate Verizon. And no I didn't get fired, me and someone above me didn't look eye to eye anymore so I resigned. :icon_ banana:

Rogue27

Reaction score
Ive worked for verizon as well and that sounds nothing like what verizon has in mind. If there was a date set for a new galaxy then that may hold some ground but there isnt. So i highly doubt sales of a new 4g galaxy has anything to do with it whatsoever. People just need to be patient and stop trying to come up with their own reasons for why verizon hasnt released the update yet.

Bayman

Reaction score
now that the LG ally has it....which is a lesser phone is getting it, hopefully fascinate is next....i just want to know if they are going to get, just say so already. Too bad its an LG and not a samsung though...after all the motorolas have had it for months now

wessiide

Reaction score
Just a side thought does anyone else feel like the nexus s was basically a smack in the face to galaxy s users? Its like we are going to introduce the latest android os while everyone with a galaxy pines for froyo. I fing hate samsung.never again no matter how pretty the screen.

Rogue27

Reaction score
I dont know what ur conplaining about. Samsung even without froyo is a muvh better phone. Even witg froyo ur still not gonna get all the content u think u would with flash. Netflix is still a no go along with hulu changing their video support. There r plenty of apps that still provide movies and shows without flash like droid streamer etc. People just need to stop crying. I especially hate when people threaten to get the iphone which no suprise doesnt support flash either. I guess ur always gonna have whiners though.

wessiide

Reaction score
Its not wrong to be mad at a company that sells u an expensive device then offers no support to that device.i would be completely satisfied if they would just give me what every other droid already has.

mikeso3691

Reaction score
If the fascinate is a true android shouldn' t it share same features and support other cousins do? This is why I am angry, verizon told me 6 months ago when I bought this phone that froyo was right around the corner. If I was not told it was coming, then I wouldn't be *****ing.