synergy rom

debrad0307

Reaction score
So I flashed the synergy rom last might via odin and I have to say that I am very impressed! I did not have to wipe ANYTHING. installed right over the stock rom. I was also curious about my quadrant scores.. I've seen everyone talking about it. So I decided to check mine on this rom. I could not be more happier. I've posted a screen shot. I also wanted to take the time to tell you about my experience with this rom.. so far I haven't noticed any major bugs. The multi window feature has been imported from the note 2 which is really cool. My data is working fine, Wi-Fi is working

ForumRunner_20130118_091641.png

fine. Of course I haven't used EVERY feature yet but if I find any bugs then I will report them. The battery life is about the same as stock. I haven't noticed any significant drain yet. I hope this helps people.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Sorry.. I have no idea why I put via odin. I guess its because I rooted via odin. I flashed via CWM

Sent from my Synergized SCH-I535

clueless77

Reaction score
Haha okay I was wondering. I checked download links and didn't see anything about a .tar.md5 and I was like wow a new way to flash. I wanted to try it, I'm a flash junkie.

maplewood

Reaction score
I flashed r169 (the Jan 11 build) expecting the multi-window function but that doesn't seem to be available. ("About" reports 4.1.1)
Does the R257 build have multi-window?

xm41907

Reaction score
I flashed r169 (the Jan 11 build) expecting the multi-window function but that doesn't seem to be available. ("About" reports 4.1.1)
r169 has multi-window. To access it, hold down the back button for two seconds.

maplewood

Reaction score
r169 has multi-window. To access it, hold down the back button for two seconds.

thanks!

(All these great roms, you'd think someone would want to document some of it). Ah, but discovery is fun too.

markaspirenet

Reaction score
How to report a bug in Synergy ROM ?

You mentioned that you would report any bugs? How can I report a bug? Or can you report it for me? I looked on XDA developers but it doesn't allow me to post, looks like I have to have 'x' amount of posts somewhere else first?

I had Synergy 147 which had some issues with the camera crashing, plus a problem loading web pages that have a redirecting url on them. I performed a clean install of the latest R290 build, which appeared to fix the camera, but it did not fix the problem with redirects, the url's just don't load. I actually tried a few more roms like CM10 and Jelly bean and they had the same issue! I went back to the original Verizon ROM and no problems

Here's an example URL
http://www.mktrack.com/click.track?CID=228977&AFID=201737&ADID=852019&SID=1001

This will redirect and go to the google play to load an app. On my unrooted Moto Droid 3, no problems, on Verizon stock rom, no problem... custom rom like Synergy, it fails.

Appreciate any help you can give in reporting this bug as I do like the Synergy over stock!

Thanks

Mark

So I flashed the synergy rom last might via odin and I have to say that I am very impressed! I did not have to wipe ANYTHING. installed right over the stock rom. I was also curious about my quadrant scores.. I've seen everyone talking about it. So I decided to check mine on this rom. I could not be more happier. I've posted a screen shot. I also wanted to take the time to tell you about my experience with this rom.. so far I haven't noticed any major bugs. The multi window feature has been imported from the note 2 which is really cool. My data is working fine, Wi-Fi is working

View attachment 60089

fine. Of course I haven't used EVERY feature yet but if I find any bugs then I will report them. The battery life is about the same as stock. I haven't noticed any significant drain yet. I hope this helps people.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
You mentioned that you would report any bugs? How can I report a bug? Or can you report it for me? I looked on XDA developers but it doesn't allow me to post, looks like I have to have 'x' amount of posts somewhere else first?

I had Synergy 147 which had some issues with the camera crashing, plus a problem loading web pages that have a redirecting url on them. I performed a clean install of the latest R290 build, which appeared to fix the camera, but it did not fix the problem with redirects, the url's just don't load. I actually tried a few more roms like CM10 and Jelly bean and they had the same issue! I went back to the original Verizon ROM and no problems

Here's an example URL
http://www.mktrack.com/click.track?CID=228977&AFID=201737&ADID=852019&SID=1001

This will redirect and go to the google play to load an app. On my unrooted Moto Droid 3, no problems, on Verizon stock rom, no problem... custom rom like Synergy, it fails.

Appreciate any help you can give in reporting this bug as I do like the Synergy over stock!

Thanks

Mark

I haven't experienced any of those issues. When I said in would report any bugs I meant on this post. You may want to try to reinstall the rom or contact the developer. He's a really nice guy, just look for him on the synergy post in XDA. He may be able to help you out. You're going to have to pm him though. Also there are other people who may have the issues as well. Just check out the post

Sent from my Synergized SCH-I535

markaspirenet

Reaction score
Re: web links not redirecting

I actually found the solution to the web pages not redirecting, it appears to be the host files have been amended to facilitate ad blocking.

I found a post somewhere else that mentioned adfree, and it worked. If you install adfree, let it do it's thing, then hit REVERT to change it back to the stock host files, the problem is resolved.

I did a fresh install of the R326 build and the problem is still there, and it's an issue because it also blocks Google redirects for legit links. I'd like to report it but can't seem to find the PM for the developer, do you know what the link might be?

If you've installed R326 wondering if you have the same issue I have now, the keyboard is lagging a LOT, never had this issue on the older R147 that I was on, I had to switch to a third party keyboard to get rid of the problem, but then the voice dictate goes to the old one :( . I'll report this also once I find out how :)

Thanks

Mark

steeletown

Reaction score
I flashed r443, and I am very impressed with it. This was my first try to install a custom rom, and now I have a question. I am getting a blue splash on my screen whenever I touch my lock screen. Can anyone tell me if that is supposed to happen.

steeletown

Reaction score
I flashed r443, and I am very impressed with it. This was my first try to install a custom rom, and now I have a question. I am getting a blue splash on my screen whenever I touch my lock screen. Can anyone tell me if that is supposed to happen.

Never mind I found out why it was there.

Sgt Fury

Reaction score

The latest out there is r420 and it does have multi-window. I like it very much with the exception that I can't access my comcast email without using the xfinity app. Every time I open email it crashes back to home screen. Gmail however works just fine.

steeletown

Reaction score
I think r443 is the latest build. It ran pretty smooth and with no bugs. Im on hyperdrive RLS 11 it is a lot like Synergy but with more features to pick from

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
I think r443 is the latest build. It ran pretty smooth and with no bugs. Im on hyperdrive RLS 11 it is a lot like Synergy but with more features to pick from

Do you have a link for hyperdrive? I'd like to check it out.