Syncing Lock Up Due to Screen Timeout

GrillMouster

Reaction score
When the Droid first came out I tried syncing my Itunes songs & podcasts (audio & video) to the Droid using drag & drop as well as DoubleTwist. I had over 1000 of songs, about 10GB of data to send over. Initially, I experience lock-ups partway through long sync sessions, and I eventually narrowed the problem down to the Droid timing out during sync. Back then one of the options for screen timeout was "Never". The 2.01 update took that option away (30 min is now the max).

After recently peforming a master reset I now have to re-load all of my media. I tried Motorola Media Link and DoubleTwist, but I still get the lockups when I get near 30 minutes. I have enabled the option in Apps>Development fo the screen to say on when charging, but that hasn't helped.

I just installed an app from the market that forces the screen to stay awake when I toggle the app. When time permits I plan to see if this app will help resolve my issue. I hope that Android 2.1 (whenever it comes out) will fix the problem. In the meanwhile, I was wondering if any of you have had success or failure using a app to keep the screen awake during sync.

OP
G

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Well, I tried again last night and this morning to sync using DoubleTwist and MML while forcing the screen to stay awake using a 3rd party app, and it still locked up. This backs up my belief that the problem is with the Droid/Android OS. Any time I write to the micro SD through the phone for an extended period I experience the problem. The only time I don't have a problem is when I bypass the phone and use a card reader. Unfortunately, programs like DoubleTwist, MML, and Salling only work with "recognized" devices; they don't recognize the card in the reader.

So, my I guess my last option is to just use a program like iExport, iTunes Exporter, or iTunes Agent. I'll do that this weekend.

I seriously hope the Android 2.1 update fixes this problem.