Syncing Facebook Contact Pictures

pebow

Reaction score
Im sure this topic has been beaten to death, but Im trying to sync my facebook contact pictures to my current contacts. BUT I dont want all of my friends to be downloaded to my phone like the Social Networking program does. Ive tried using FacebookSync, SyncMyPix, and the official facebook app.

I don't understand how my blackberry could do it, but my droid x can't. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

marlopoohbear

Reaction score
If you go into the FB settings in the app on your phone, under "Sync friends with contacts", you can select "sync with existing contacts" to sync data only about friends already in your contacts. This will add FB pictures, status, and contact info. Other choices under there are "sync all" and "Remove FB data." I don't see an option in there to grab only their pictures, though. Is that what you want to do?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i use syncmypix, whats wrong with that?

OP
P

pebow

Reaction score
If you go into the FB settings in the app on your phone, under "Sync friends with contacts", you can select "sync with existing contacts" to sync data only about friends already in your contacts. This will add FB pictures, status, and contact info. Other choices under there are "sync all" and "Remove FB data." I don't see an option in there to grab only their pictures, though. Is that what you want to do?

there is no option for syncing under my settings for the facebook app. all i have is general settings, notifications, and helpful tips. i upgraded the app a little while ago (not sure how long)

AND

the problem with syncmypix, is that it only syncs a handful of them. and i made sure all the names were correct and up to date with their facebook names. so im not exactly sure what im doing wrong. i suppose i could go back to using the social networking app, but i really dont want all these contacts...i just want the pictures.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont like all those contacts either and syncmypix works for me properly. maybe uninstall it and reinstall it?

OP
P

pebow

Reaction score
I'm also trying syncmypix again, now actually, and it picked a couple of pictures. and then i go into results and click a contact that it couldnt find and it picks a picture and when i long press the name and link to the contact it says the contact is "read only" and im not sure how to combat that now either.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm also trying syncmypix again, now actually, and it picked a couple of pictures. and then i go into results and click a contact that it couldnt find and it picks a picture and when i long press the name and link to the contact it says the contact is "read only" and im not sure how to combat that now either.

oh yea i notice that too. i mean facebooks app sucks so you have to sacrifice something.