Trouble importing Facebook pictures for contacts

nod2mybeats

Reaction score
I finally got the RAZR MAXX yesterday after that long Verizon backorder drought, and I thoroughly enjoy it coming from the Droid 4 which I gave back after two weeks solely because of the battery life. With my Droid 4, though, when I sync'd my Facebook contacts into my phone, all of my friend's profile pictures were automatically updated as well. Now, with the RAZR MAXX, I get the contact name and information from Facebook but no pictures. All those grey boxes really become an eyesore (I'm anal about that sort of thing) and it's just TOO many people to manually add pictures for.

I've tried:

Logging out of Facebook and logging back in
Unsyncing the Facebook account and deleting the Facebook app, then resyncing
Letting the friends list populate with pictures in the app then checking in the phonebook
SyncMyPix app

Nothing is working for me. Any advice?

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
just got the Razr MAXX 2 days ago, coming from a long line of DroidTM smartphones most recent being the HTC driod inc 2, I am far impressed with this phone! the battery life finally matches my lifestyle. the only thing that irritates me is the power button being on the side... i'm left handed so its not in the same convenient thumb spot for a right hander. damn u!
anyways like Beats i am having the same problem too. i did notice when i go to contacts (using GO dialer) settings, backup and recovery, then account sync it shows all my active sync options for the accounts i have. most accounts are off... which is weird, one of them being facebook. click on it and it opens up with only an option to remove... no sync turn on or anything. now if i go to one of the few accounts that are stating "Sync is on" it does show latest sync time and date and shows active account.
let me try to take a few screenshots and upload

oh and like Beats i tried all of the following mentioned except SyncMypix app.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
facebook sync off with no options to turn on and yahoo sync is on with options
screen_20120330_1524.png

screen_20120330_1527.png

screen_20120330_1527_2.png

screen_20120330_1528.png

screen_20120330_1529.png