Syncing Contacts

Bwill

Reaction score
I am in search of directions on syncing my contacts with Gmail. I bought my phone a couple of months ago and it seemed like it carried over some contacts without me doing anything. However, my work contacts that I saved in the phone are not showing up in my contacts which leads me to believe that I do not have 2 way syncing going on.

How can I fix this?

I would also like to know if this can be done while keeping groups intact. While I was searching the internet I saw some comments that people were able to sync their contacts but they lost all of their groups. I would like to be able to keep my contacts organized.

Thanks for your help.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What phone do you have? You can download another dialer that supports grouping. I think go dialer does

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

Bwill

Reaction score
HTC Shift. I am syncing my contacts to pc, iPhone, Droid and iPad. Will dialer affect any of those devices?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
HTC Shift. I am syncing my contacts to pc, iPhone, Droid and iPad. Will dialer affect any of those devices?

Shouldn't. All it's doing is giving you more options. Like the ability to see contact groups.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums