Syncing Contacts on Computer Question

fishhead202

Reaction score
Just got my Droid X, and my fiance got a Droid Pro. We're both enjoying exploring our first smartphones :)

I have syncing my gmail and facebook contacts, but there are MANY contacts that havne't linked properly, or which I need to go in and add/change information. Is there a way to do this on a computer rather than on the phone?

Does the phone sync with gmail on a regular basis? If so, is there a way to to linking to facebook through gmail?

Thanks for any advice,
--Fishhead

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are the contacts that aren't syncing?

Your phone will sync your Google contacts with your Google account. You can definitely edit your Google contacts on your PC.

OP
F

fishhead202

Reaction score
Thank you. Do I have to do something to sync the google accounts, or is it automatic?

Thank You again

OP
F

fishhead202

Reaction score
Sorry, think I worded that poorly. I'm going through and adding phone numbers into my google contacts now. When will that sync with my droid phonebook?

I had been working at merging facebook contacts with google contacts. I'm guessing there's no way to do that part through gmail contacts?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, think I worded that poorly. I'm going through and adding phone numbers into my google contacts now. When will that sync with my droid phonebook?

I had been working at merging facebook contacts with google contacts. I'm guessing there's no way to do that part through gmail contacts?

Once you sync the Droid to Facebook all the Facebook contacts will automatically be included in your contact list.

Your contacts that you make changes on in gmail will be changed immediately. Or sooner. ;) At least that's my experience.