Synchronizing Outlook Contacts with Google Contacts

sgrimmett

Reaction score
:)Is there an application out there that will allow you to synchronize your Outlook contacts with Google contacts? I am currently using Google calendar to sync with Outlook calendar and it works great. I would also like to synchronize my tasks.

mrtrumpet

Reaction score
No, I don't think there is yet. You could sign up for Google Apps, evidently there's a solution there, but that will cost you some $$. You can send your contact list to Google Contacts as a .csv file, but it will likely need ALOT of editing when completed. I find the easiest manual way is to convert a new contact to a vCard then import it to Google contacts. Works perfectly, but is a royal pain!

Good luck. Hopefully someone will come up with a better solution soon.

lesa

Reaction score
What about The Missing Sync from markspace? Not free but I like it..

OP
S

sgrimmett

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. I purchased it and have just finished my first sync. However, I noticed that some of my contact information such as address and other phone numbers did not sync. Have you noticed this problem?

lesa

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. I purchased it and have just finished my first sync. However, I noticed that some of my contact information such as address and other phone numbers did not sync. Have you noticed this problem?

I haven't personally had that problem (had a small issue with some media missing but it came up after I unmounted) but you can try this from their website:

If some or all of your contacts are not showing on the device, following a sync, it is likely that the contacts are ON the device, but that they are not displaying, properly.
When using The Missing Sync for Android, and a DROID device, specifically, you should ensure that you enable the display of ALL contacts.To do this on the Android Device, go to:

Menu> Display Options> Missing Sync

Ensure that each of the options has a check mark, especially the ALL OTHER CONTACTS option.

lilly

Reaction score
:)Is there an application out there that will allow you to synchronize your Outlook contacts with Google contacts? I am currently using Google calendar to sync with Outlook calendar and it works great. I would also like to synchronize my tasks.

I sync my Outlook Contacts and Calendar with Google with Sync2. It works absolutely awesom. as far as I know it doesn't sync Tasks yet, but I don't miss this functionality. In general I'm extremelly pleased with it

OP
S

sgrimmett

Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your feed back regarding syncing my Droid. Now that I have google contacts syncing with Outlook contacts, I noticed that my Droid does not have the same number of contacts as Google contacts? What could cause this?

Arcangl123

Reaction score
I think I figured it out

I use Outlook at work for contacts and Calendar and as everyone has probably figured out, using Google sync for the Calendar works beautifully. But as I add new contacts to my Outlook the quesiton was how do I get these onesy twosy individuals to my new Incredible phone?

Well...... I DID IT!!!!dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

God I hope I am not the only one that has figured this out. Then again I did this on my Incredible and I am assuming it will be the same for the Moto Droid. This is what I did.

1) I exproted the individual contact to a .vcf to my desktop.
2) I then sent the file to my Incredilbe via bluetooth (I got a dongle on my computer here at work)
3) After the transfer was complete the phone tells me so and when I clicked on the file transfered, the phone asked me do I want to import .vcf file?
4) After jumping for joy in falling on this landmine of goodness I said HELL YA!!

Now it did miss a few things. Media (ringtone) Picture and groups did not come along. But the address and phone and email all showed up. So its not perfect but it worked.

Hope this helps.