sync with outlook

tonloc91483

Reaction score
Other than buying a seperate 50 dollar program for the computer what is the best and simplest way to sync outlook to the droid 3 and samsung 10.1 tablet.

this is for my mom who is a Realtor i'm very tech savvy but shes not so I want it to be simple and flawless for her.

OP
T

tonloc91483

Reaction score
I understand Touchdown will handle the email but what about the contacts and calendar?

bw13

Reaction score
Touchdown does all 3. I have it on my Droid 3 and on my Zoom. It is much better than the native android apps for email and calendar.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
Touchdown will only sync with a server based calendar. You may want to consider using google mail and calendar, move the backend to the cloud and there are a ton of benefits.
If outlook calendar is local to the pc, there is a sync process to help with the transition from google. Keep in mind google is backed up and secure, the pc could get lost or stolen or crash and you could lose all data.

EDIT - Just to clarify, touchdown syncs well with Exchange, or zimbra or other server based email and calendars really well. The OP was asking about syncing with outlook, which is a PC based client, and may have a local calendar configured.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

AKD3270

Reaction score
Companionlink may be $50, but it is virtually bullet-proof.

I have used the Outlook/Notes and GMail/Outlook versions and they are terrific.

Having said that, it IS $50 ...

solar

Reaction score
Google calendar sync is the easiest way to do it. it doesn't hurt that its free. It will sync outlook with your gmail calendar which is the one that shows on your android phone. The PC with outlook on it will only sync when the machine is with outlook is on. It syncs both directions, so items added to the phone will show in outlook and vice-versa

As John said, Touchdown is only to get mail from an exchange server on to your phone.