Sync with Outlook 2007 with my Motorola Droid 4

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
I want to sync Outlook 2007 (Windows 7 machine) Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes (but NOT Mail) with my new Droid 4. I have a POP3 mail account with my Internet Service Provider, and I want to keep it. I don't want to convert to Gmail.

I have stand-alone Outlook, and do not have the services of an Exchange Server.

Verizon tech support suggested I use the Google App Synch application ($50/year ... but that is not an issue), but I'm open to other suggestions.

Any ideas?

K.ZIMM

Reaction score
You could try some of the applications mentioned here How To: Sync Android With Microsoft Outlook | PCMag.comunambol sounds like it might be a decent free option, though I'm not sure if it syncs Outlook tasks. Otherwise, the Missing Sync looks like it could be what you're looking for as well. Not free though.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Google Calendar sync. It syncs everything you want without email. You can see all of your computer information on your phone through gmail calendar. You can set it up so it flows 2 way or just one way: either from your phone to your computer or from your computer to your phone. It also syncs contacts between gmail and Outlook. It does not sync email. It even works on my my work computer and that is saying something as my work computer is TIGHTLY controlled by my company. Here is some info that has the download link: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Here is another good link to check out possible options... Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

I have used gSyncIt since my D1 and it has been flawless for me but it may not be what you are looking for...good luck with your search!

mark6320

Reaction score
I use Google Calendar sync. It syncs everything you want without email. You can see all of your computer information on your phone through gmail calendar. You can set it up so it flows 2 way or just one way: either from your phone to your computer or from your computer to your phone. It also syncs contacts between gmail and Outlook. It does not sync email. It even works on my my work computer and that is saying something as my work computer is TIGHTLY controlled by my company. Here is some info that has the download link: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

It doesn't appear that it syncs contacts. Is there a configuration option that enables this? Otherwise, it seems that only the calander is sync'd.

Holymsophy

Reaction score
Myphoneexplorer

I want to sync Outlook 2007 (Windows 7 machine) Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes (but NOT Mail) with my new Droid 4. I have a POP3 mail account with my Internet Service Provider, and I want to keep it. I don't want to convert to Gmail.

I have stand-alone Outlook, and do not have the services of an Exchange Server.

Verizon tech support suggested I use the Google App Synch application ($50/year ... but that is not an issue), but I'm open to other suggestions.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem using windows mobile 6.5 for a while and Droid 4 being my first android phone. After a lot of searches, Myphoneexplorer seems to be the closest thing that does not charge an arm and a leg.

If the other apps for synching outlook had free versions for testing, would have been cool. But this is what I have been using. Hope it helps.