Sync with Eneterprise server

Reaction score
I want to get away from the Storm's, but I am afraid it will not be able to connect with the BB ent ser. Any insight?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
eerrr.... i thought you could only do that with blackberrys.. can anyone confirm?

(welcome to the site!)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as I know, there is no support for the Android and BES. Seeing as RIMM makes a proprietary software / hardware, i think the only kind of phone that can sync with it would be the BB's themselves.

dean.collins

Reaction score
As far as I know, there is no support for the Android and BES. Seeing as RIMM makes a proprietary software / hardware, i think the only kind of phone that can sync with it would be the BB's themselves.

Thats not entirely correct - with BB Connect you can make some Windows Mobile devices connect with the BES. basically it runs a virtual Blackberry on your winmo handset.

I'm very surprised no one has made this application for Android (i haven't found it yet).

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm very surprised no one has made this application for Android (i haven't found it yet).

If i'm not mistaken BB makes BB connect. If BB isn't going to make it for android that would mean a 3rd party app would have to interact with BES. I highly doubt a 3rd party app will come out for BB to do this feature, due to the security that RIMM put's into the BES / BB's.

xjman349

Reaction score

If i'm not mistaken BB makes BB connect. If BB isn't going to make it for android that would mean a 3rd party app would have to interact with BES. I highly doubt a 3rd party app will come out for BB to do this feature, due to the security that RIMM put's into the BES / BB's.

Exactly. If you have an enterprise server just use MES.

dean.collins

Reaction score
I highly doubt a 3rd party app will come out for BB to do this feature, due to the security that RIMM put's into the BES / BB's.

But thats exactly what they do for the WinMo BB Connect handsets liek Touch Pro

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt a 3rd party app will come out for BB to do this feature, due to the security that RIMM put's into the BES / BB's.

never used a winmo handset, but if they do it for that then they might for android. i guess we will see in a few days, eh?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Let's take a wait and see on this. Right now there isn't an app for that. Maytbe there will be at one point. Maybe VZW has an answer for this too.

xjman349

Reaction score

Let's take a wait and see on this. Right now there isn't an app for that. Maytbe there will be at one point. Maybe VZW has an answer for this too.

As of release the only enterprise push the Android will support according to google is Microsoft Exchange Service :icon_ banana:

kesubach

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates about the Droid and being able to get to on BES?

dean.collins

Reaction score

Well HTC built it for windows mobile and i doubt they are smarter than Motorola

For any application developers reading this post - this functionality is probably worth about $39.99 to me if you get it to work perfectly.

Last edited: