Sync error / phone will not pick up Google Calendar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Hey there,

I just bought a Razr M last night, definitely like it so far but I can't get the calendar to sync. I have tried in the default app as well as Business Calendar, neither one is aware of my Google Calendar.

When I go into accounts and peruse my Google stuff it says there is a sync error. However when I go further into that menu which lets you choose "Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail, Sync Google Play..." etc. everything appears to be syncing regularly. Strangely there is no "Sync Calendar" option. I already have deleted my Google account, rebooted my phone and add the account again, this didn't change anything. I do have the 4.1.1 update. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

OP
Satchel_Charge
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
How often is the Google account sync supposed to take place?? It might not actually be working automatically, I've noticed.

I'm also having trouble muting System Volume. This is actually making me quite angry. I utterly despise the unbidden clicks, bells, boot-up noises.... especially since the speaker on this phone is extremely loud. My phone should ring and make alarm noises when I ask it to. Nothing else. System Volume isn't even an option in the settings menu, it only shows up in Widgetsoid but won't save my settings. Maybe I should just resign to using vibrate-only at all times :/

Clarus Widgets will only save about half of the settings I apply, as well. Or maybe it remembers them for a few hours and then gives up.

All of this said, is it time to factory reset? I really don't want to, the phone is not 48 hours in my possession yet and I've customized the piss out of it but... will the 4.1.1 update stay with my phone, at least, if I reset it? Perhaps the update process didn't go so well and is causing problems?

I appreciate your thoughts,
Brian

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't think an fdr is necessary given the phone is new enough there should not be any conflicts.

For Google calendar syncing, it could actually be Google that is the problem and not the phone. Google has syncing problems on occasion.

For system notifications, go into your sound settings, under system settings select a friendlier tone (I use “light"), then uncheck all the various actions that cause a notification tone. I have none of those checked and do not get random tones. Fit the services I want to be notified (text and one email account), I set those notifications from the app.

Hope this helps.

OP
Satchel_Charge
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks TMD. The sound settings make more sense to me now. However I'm still getting the sync error, still no calendar. It's been a few days now and hasn't resolved itself - what can I do?

Brian

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am sure you have already done this, but just in case, go into settings then to Google, click on your email address and make sure calendar is checked.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That is interesting. First go to the stock calendar app and go to the calendar menu (upper right corner). Select “Calendars Rio display" and make sure the calendars you want synced are checked. At the bottom of that page, select “Calendars to sync" and make sure your Google calendars are checked.

If for some reason, your calendars are missing try logging into your Gmail from your pc (or a “real"web browser like puffin, Firefox, one that will open like a desktop browser), click on Calendar. On the left panel, below where it says “My Calendars" should list your calendars that are synced. If not, go to the drop down arrow and select settings from the drop down box. Go to “Mobile Setup." At the bottom is “learn more" and follow steps to the various help pages. There may be some steps that need to be done that haven't been done yet...maybe?

helron

Reaction score
Same problem here and then crash! Google sync with my Ipad and Hotmail acct., but not on Droid running the Razr Jellybean Update and root. Finally got it to sync 3/4 of my calendar. google desktop calendar goes back to January 2011, as does Ipad,however phone goes back to March 2012. Very weird. Many folks in Google Forum are having same issues,and Google is not providing any help. Any help here would be valuable. Thanks!