Swype with Microphone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'm assuming that since swype is no longer a closed beta, its ok to post this. I was poking around XDA since my swype stopped working after a rom update and found a swype.apk that has a microphone button on it. Sorry if this is old news, but I've been wanting swype to have that microphone for a long time. It works great too. I could only find a themed version though.
screenshot_66.png

All credit goes to the great devs over at XDA.

Not sure if it works on every device, but it def works on a droid running UD 8.0

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Can u proof that it is out of closed beta? i dont see it in the market or elsewhere!

Its is sold with the galaxy tab and the Samsung galaxy S, but for all other devices its not officially released.
Even their website says "BETA"

EbE404

Reaction score
Sorry, guys. Even though it is available on some phones now, the general Android release is still in beta and not available in the market. While it did reopen for a while in the spring, for some reason they closed it again in June and it has been that way ever since:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

I'm lucky to have gotten in on the original beta, but their business model seems to be aimed at licensing Swype to OEMs, not selling the app direct to consumers, so I'm not sure if there will ever be a complete release at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.