Swype, SlideIT, etc

theblackabbot

Reaction score
First, it is possible to get Swype? I just signed up to be notified of the next round of beta testing, but is there a way to get it beside from their web site?

Second, what do you all recommend as an alternative to Swype? SlideIT looks like it would work just as well.

Thanks!

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
Signing up for beta is the best way. It took me about 2 months to get in. But when I did I told my brother and he signed up and got in within a day I think. That was about three weeks ago. If you still want it badly there are some beta versions that got released that work on the Droid, you just have to do a google search for the apk.

Another alternative besides SlideIT is ShapeWriter. I think that is pretty good too.

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
The only one I havent had much of a chance yet to use shapwriter but even though swype is much more popular I like slideIT the best so far.

Droman

Reaction score
SlideIT keyboard

The only one I havent had much of a chance yet to use shapwriter but even though swype is much more popular I like slideIT the best so far.

Still amazed how much quicker SlideIT is then Swype.
After using it more and more I'm finding myself getting quite confortable with SlideIT. Defnitely feels a lot "lighter" than swype.

coreyANDroid

Reaction score
I have the Droid and will be switching to Incredible after deciding the Droid X is just too big. I signed up for the beta months ago, got the email from Swype.com and have had Swype ever since. I want Swype on my Incredible so I hope I can log on to my Swpye acccount on my Incredible and get a new beta version. Anyone know if this is possible?? And I downloaded the trial version of SlideIt and it seems so work just fine. It might end up being better than Swype which would solve the problem all together.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Droid and will be switching to Incredible after deciding the Droid X is just too big. I signed up for the beta months ago, got the email from Swype.com and have had Swype ever since. I want Swype on my Incredible so I hope I can log on to my Swpye acccount on my Incredible and get a new beta version. Anyone know if this is possible?? And I downloaded the trial version of SlideIt and it seems so work just fine. It might end up being better than Swype which would solve the problem all together.

You should be able to reactivate your beta "membership" by sending an email to the folks at www.swype.com

cdurrough

Reaction score
Signing up for beta is the best way. It took me about 2 months to get in. But when I did I told my brother and he signed up and got in within a day I think. That was about three weeks ago. If you still want it badly there are some beta versions that got released that work on the Droid, you just have to do a google search for the apk.

Another alternative besides SlideIT is ShapeWriter. I think that is pretty good too.

I loved Shapewriter but cant find it in the Market anymore. :(