Swype or Sapphire issue?

bodean

Reaction score
Anyone get swype working with this rom? Put it on, installed, and when I try using it, doesn't type out words, just beeps.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have it working. I think I restored a TB backup of it.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score

Oh, dont have a backup, just did clean install. I trace the letters, and when done, it just beeps. No text is ever presented.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh, dont have a backup, just did clean install. I trace the letters, and when done, it just beeps. No text is ever presented.

Did you get through the registration and everything? I recall having a problem once but a completely clean install and re-register fixed the problem. In fact I think it was the same problem you're having.

jayman350

Reaction score
I have not been able to restore a backup of Swype since the new Beta came out. I have to do a clean install from the Swype downloader every time or it will come up and say that it is configured for another device.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I just did a clean install from the installer (even went to swype and had the install resent) and same thing. It traces and vibrates but does not display any words or characters. Hopefully the folk at swype will have an answer as I emailed them.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I had problems getting swype running even with a clean install but finally got it working. This is what I did: I went to manage applications, erased data for both swype and the installer then uninstalled both then cleared my cache partition in recovery then reinstalled swype from scratch by going to my e-mail and downloading the installer all over again. Now it is working fine. Those steps are probably overkill but it got swype working again for me.

Andrew C

Reaction score
Works for me on a clean install. Had to re-download the installer and registered again.

Duhman

Reaction score
This is not the proper solution but I have found it to be the best and easiest for me.

I used to do the SwypeInstaller method for each new ROM I tried out because it would never work properly when I restored the app w/ Titanium, but eventually reached my maximum download limit. Per Swype's website I emailed them to reset my download count , blah blah, etc.. and they never got back to me. So while looking thru forums over at XDA I found that you can download the Milestone Swype apk and keep it on your sdcard and just install it each time you move to a new ROM.. it solved all my Swype issues.

To find it, just google "Swype apk milestone". It was the first link from megaupload. I uninstalled the Swype installer and any previous non working Swype keyboards, then just installed the Milestone apk from the sdcard as normal.

HTH

Last edited:

trebb

Reaction score
I use mybackuppro to restore my apps and I've never had a problem. Typing this with it right now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk