Swype on Moto Droid [Video]

LrdElderon

Reaction score
It takes a while to get used to it, but I'm starting to like swype. I have run into some problems and that is if i have any grease on my fingers or sweat especially if I do a bunch of swype typing my finger will stick and sometimes skip and bounce around so I find myself constantly wiping my swyping finger off. could be an issue with certain screen protectors also.... who knows.

So I think for small stuff swype is cool and perhps if we can get a leaked more current version or when the oem version that's finished comes out it will be better. but I think i'd lean more towards the working 2.1 keyboard with voice dictation. As long as you can speak properly in a clear accent the voice recognition seems to work almost flawlessly.

It's kind of a bummer really. swype has great potential and is fun to play with but once you start getting oil on the screen and your finger starts "stuttering" across the letters it makes it completely unusable until you wipe your hands off and the screen with a micro cloth....

kmasum

Reaction score
droid without swype? I cant live a single day...btw I can do it in 12 sec:)

Haha video, or it didn't happen.

If you do video it, i'll replace mine with it, and put it in my post:icon_ banana:
okey I got this done in 12 sec .. just uploaded to youtube..check it out..sorry abt the bad lighting..
[video=youtube;LoyFB8Ay1r0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoyFB8Ay1r0[/video]

Ludalee

Reaction score
Haha, nice video.

I just installed Swype on my Droid last night. Awesome and fun to use. I do agree sometimes my finger will "stick and jump" also just getting my practice in with caps and other items. I'm sure when they release the real swype it'll auto it like the regular keyboard.

This is all funny to me coming from a ENV2 where I could text quickly because I loved the qwerty physical keyboard, I thought the touchscreen would be hard, but I've grown to love it and only used the qwerty physical twice, now this....

kmasum

Reaction score
Haha, nice video.

I just installed Swype on my Droid last night. Awesome and fun to use. I do agree sometimes my finger will "stick and jump" also just getting my practice in with caps and other items. I'm sure when they release the real swype it'll auto it like the regular keyboard.

This is all funny to me coming from a ENV2 where I could text quickly because I loved the qwerty physical keyboard, I thought the touchscreen would be hard, but I've grown to love it and only used the qwerty physical twice, now this....

i was a blackberry user with full keyboard function...was never a fan of touch screen typing but swype changed my mind!

Reaction score
down loaded it...and trying to get use to it...how come if you just press one letter like A it seems to lead you to a word with a A in it???

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amazon app with Swype

Encountered an odd problem with Swype yesterday. Needed to look up a product on Amazon and used the default Amazon.com app. My Swype (default) keyboard came up as always but the search field on the Amazon app would not accept "swyped" input. Had to input the letters one at a time.

This is the first incompatibility of this sort I've noticed.

meaker

Reaction score
Just download Swype straight to my phone from droidmuff.in.. This keyboard takes a little to get used to but it's super fast.. Love it so far.

ziggynagy

Reaction score
Been using Swype for 45 minutes, pretty sweet though I'm also getting "finger-sweat jumping". I guess I could always wear sweat bands while texting to minimize this...

Reaction score
Notice swype app keeps running even tho you don't use it.

i click on settings/application/running services and then saw the swype running all the time. and i can't even stop it. talk about battery life being worn out fast. Is this normal???

ipawd1

Reaction score
said the same thing. Keyboard always running. Battery drained. Uninstalled

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

i click on settings/application/running services and then saw the swype running all the time. and i can't even stop it. talk about battery life being worn out fast. Is this normal???

Try checking your battery usage and see how much Swype has been using. As pointed out many, many times in many, many threads the fact that an app is "running" doesn't mean it's draining your battery. If you use the keyboard, it uses battery power. If you don't, it doesn't.

jbernard703

Reaction score
Been using Swype beta for a couple weeks now. I must say it is amazing. I would consider using a keyboard-less phone without question now. i have noticed a few bugs with it but that is to be expected with a pre release.

Reaction score

Try checking your battery usage and see how much Swype has been using. As pointed out many, many times in many, many threads the fact that an app is "running" doesn't mean it's draining your battery. If you use the keyboard, it uses battery power. If you don't, it doesn't.

i am so sorry many many many sorries...