Swype on Moto Droid [Video]

bb-gun

Reaction score
Heres a video i made of Swype for the Motorola Droid.

Edit: Download here

[video=youtube;tQi4bzqhrME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQi4bzqhrME[/video]

HOW TO DOWNLOAD
[video=youtube;pQuqlb1Co00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQuqlb1Co00"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQuqlb1Co00[/video]

those of you wondering were it came from, or think its "pirated" check out This Forum

It wasnt leaked. The app developer put it out as a beta.

My >>Twitter<<

Last edited:

bobfinn

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Where do I get it? A search for swype in the android market returns no matches.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought I'd say this but I may no longer need the physical keyboard. I just installed swype and its absolutely awesome! I wish it was a little better with auto caps, and contractions though. I also wish there was an easier way to move the cursor around. I've only been using it for about five minutes though, so I'll probably get better with a bit more practice.

OP
bb-gun

bb-gun

Reaction score
To capitalize just touch the letter you want to capitalize and drag it up above the keyboard

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swype - Use Barcode Reader

Swype.png

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting this. It's really easy to get a hold of. I thought it was going to be a pain haha

vinnard

Reaction score
I've been texting with this for about an hour and I am extremely impressed with it. The accuracy is amazing and it's so much better than a regular on screen keyboard.

shademar

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought I'd say this but I may no longer need the physical keyboard. I just installed swype and its absolutely awesome! I wish it was a little better with auto caps, and contractions though. I also wish there was an easier way to move the cursor around. I've only been using it for about five minutes though, so I'll probably get better with a bit more practice.

Yeah, I actually like the physical keyboard, but it's hard not to like this more. As was just pointed out to me, if you hit the edit123 button twice, it brings up a four direction keypad interface for moving the cursor around, as well as a copy/paste menu, pageup/down, and other delicious goodness.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My only concern is the standard warning when I was switching to Swype mode that it can record keystrokes and if you're silly enough to use your Droid to enter credit cards, or other personal information, that they could get this information. Is Swype one of those companies collecting this data?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

Yeah, I actually like the physical keyboard, but it's hard not to like this more. As was just pointed out to me, if you hit the edit123 button twice, it brings up a four direction keypad interface for moving the cursor around, as well as a copy/paste menu, pageup/down, and other delicious goodness.

Yea, I saw the directional pad keys, but it would be easier if they weren't 3 layers deep. I sure cant complain too much though because I don't haveany suggestion on how it could be improved.

As far as capitalization, dragging the letter up works great!

bobfinn

Reaction score
Swype

I've been playing with it for about 20 minutes, and I'm already getting pretty good. Swype is very impressive. :clap:

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Is there any way to make it only work when vertical and leave the default android keyboard on when horizontal? I can type a million times faster when it's horizontal that swyping across the large screen.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to make it only work when vertical and leave the default android keyboard on when horizontal? I can type a million times faster when it's horizontal that swyping across the large screen.
Doesn't appear you can do that - yet. Remember this is just being developed and not available in the Market yet. I'm sure once it gets an official release the developer will be adding things like that feature.