Swype Now Available on Google Play Store; Only $1 for Limited Time

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too would like more info on this. If you get the app, would you need to somehow disable the native Swype and how would you do it. Is the app better?

When it's installed and you look at your list of keyboards you'll see

Swype (the OEM)
Swype + Dragon (the one in the Play Store)

As I had Swype Beta, that's also on my list.

That means you can go to any of those at any time, just select the one you want.

Too early to tell if it's better, but at least there's a chance of it being updated.

devdeuce

Reaction score
When it's installed and you look at your list of keyboards you'll see

Swype (the OEM)
Swype + Dragon (the one in the Play Store)

As I had Swype Beta, that's also on my list.

That means you can go to any of those at any time, just select the one you want.

Too early to tell if it's better, but at least there's a chance of it being updated.

Thank you

Briankbl

Reaction score
Night/day for me. Flow does well for me in predicting but it's accuracy, unless I slide very slow and methodical, is very inaccurate. I also prefer the plethora of suggested alternatives on Swype vs none on Flow unless I back space. Gestures, again for me, are a must have (look under gestures in settings for what is supported and how to use specific ones). The newest version of Swype has made a huge leap in next word prediction.
There's a free trial version should you want to compare for yourself.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

I feel exactly the same way and I've been a SwiftKey beta tester since SwiftKey X. Swype is hands down better in the swiping department.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way and I've been a SwiftKey beta tester since SwiftKey X. Swype is hands down better in the swiping department.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

I used the swype beta but got tired of it and starting using swiftkey flow, my problem with flow is the accuracy, on swype I could just throw my finger around the screen all willy nilly and most of the time get the word I wanted... I have to move much much slower on flow and sometimes I give up entirely and just start typing the words out. I think I'll give this a shot if it's still .99

Gremlin

Reaction score
Alright I have been using swiftkey flow since that came out. Purchased swype yesterday. Way much better. I no longer have to push on the screen for it to recognize my finger movement for a word. It does better word prediction and it learns from it.. I would recommend it in a heartbeat..