swype not inputting text.

issues636

Reaction score
i redownloaded swype on my phone and it doesnt seem to be working properly. it worked the night i installed it, i know because i tested it. but now all it seems to do is make the noise, but doesnt input any text when i swipe. i can press the letters and it works, but swiping just makes the beep and nothing goes in. should i try reinstalling? or is there something else?

dclutter1

Reaction score
Sometimes disabling/re-enabling fixes it. If that doesn't work, uninstall it and re-download + install it from the swype beta installer app.

It seems like people have been having a lot better luck with the milestone version which is available via a google search, or it may even be linked on these forums somewhere. So, that's an option as well.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
changing input method back to android then back to swype seemed to do it.if it happens again ill take a look for the milestone version. thanks for the suggestion and the fix.

dclutter1

Reaction score
No problem. I made the switch to the milestone vs because I couldn't get backups to work and I got tired of losing my dictionary and settings every time I switched roms.