Swype not working

alm0614

Reaction score
I got the new beta email, followed the instructions, logged in and it all installed fine. It seemed to all be going well.. when I went to use the swype keyboard it popped up saying something about it is not supported and that all features might not be available. So i tried to swype and it just highlights the keyboard in that blue box and doesnt input any text. It works fine just typing normally though. any ideas?

or could someone post the .apk I could install or would that not work because of the verification

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Enable the Swype keyboard in your "keyboard" settings. And read through the various posts on other threads about this common problem.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I obviously have swype enabled or i wouldnt be able to choose it as an input type

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I obviously have swype enabled or i wouldnt be able to choose it as an input type

OK. Sorry for the snippy response. It was early here on the left coast and I hadn't had my coffee.

Hard to say just what is going on but the problem you cite is not uncommon. If you haven't done so already, try logging into the www.swype.com and go to the forum associated with "myswype." I think you may be able to find a solution more easily there.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
No worries..i'll head over there, thank you

AlDoes

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have downloaded and installed it. I wasnt able to find it in the android market so I was starting to get mad. Although, I do gotta say I am kinda sketchy about the application having access to what I type on my droid such as credit card #s and such. I think I'm going to use my laptop only to check my bank account instead of using both.

Xaneth

Reaction score
Yeah that's kind of a weird warning isn't it? You also need to make sure you do a long press on any text field and choose input method and switch it from stock keyboard to Swype.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk