Swype not inputing on my Motorola Droid.

Thaenman

Reaction score
I have a new Motorola Droid with version 2.1 on it. I installed swype but can't get it the key value. The keyboard comes up and it traces but it doesn't input any letter unless I lift my finger and punch in the letter. I can run my finger along and see the trace but nothing happens in input. Not even the tutorial is inputting.

pyro6128

Reaction score
swype just expired recently for those who arent in the beta, maybe thats why. I'm sure if you do a google search you can find the updated swype

Beardface

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me last night. I fixed it by uninstalling both the application and the installer and re-doing the whole process.

The first time I did it, I never got to the Registration screen. I am guessing that you have to register it in order for the Swype functionality to be activated. If you never got that far in the installation process, uninstall and try again using your email and password of your account at swype.

Feltmacer

Reaction score
I believe you can just long press the text field, select input method, select Android keyboard, then go back and select the Swype keyboard again.

Unless this is a different problem.

OP
T

Thaenman

Reaction score

I just download it for the first time today after receiving the emailing saying the had opened up the beta again. I tried uninstalling it and starting over and it didn't help. Switched from droid keyboard and to Swype and back to no avail. Any other ideas? Email Swype with the issue.

Feltmacer

Reaction score
Droid Life has a version that works, just uninstall anything Swype you have and install that one.

OP
T

Thaenman

Reaction score
Another issue

I just got the "you installed the wrong package message". Guess that could be it. Anyone got an idea on how to get the right one?

OP
T

Thaenman

Reaction score
Got it

Installed a 3rd time and it works! yeah!

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Yea eff Swype. I registered on their site, jumped through hoops to download the installer to my phone, then the installer installed swype after the tenth try, then when I get it downloaded it says registration fails and thats it. I can type like normal, but when I try to use the swype funtion or when I try to watch the tutorial it doesnt work. Bull****.

jazzgalaxy

Reaction score
same for me. Betting it's due to the amount of traffic their network is fielding right now. Give it some time and try again later.

OP
T

Thaenman

Reaction score
Fix

If you uninstall and re-install the swype app and installer then it should work now. just got this from swype.

This issue has been updated in our FAQ: Swype | Text Input for Screens Let me know if you need additional help.