Swype for Droid

robl11

Reaction score
How do I get Swype on my Droid? Is there something I can download it someone who can point me in the right direction. PLEASE!!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
robl11

robl11

Reaction score
I did so and I was able to download it but its states that its not compatible for my Droid. Does that mean I'm lucked out?

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did so and I was able to download it but its states that its not compatible for my Droid. Does that mean I'm lucked out?

Are you using the swype installer to download the right version of swype to your phone? I had swype on the D1 working fine before I got my bolt.

So...Question1: Do you have swype installer in your app drawer?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I just tried to get swype.. no good. Downloaded the installer, then downloaded swype fine but when I selected to use it it said its not made properly for me device and there may be problems. When I swype with it it will show the line I traced but no word will appear. I can type the letters one by one like a regular keyboard but the swyping (which is the point of swype) isn't working. I kno I've used it before a while back but I don't know what's going wrong

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tried to get swype.. no good. Downloaded the installer, then downloaded swype fine but when I selected to use it it said its not made properly for me device and there may be problems. When I swype with it it will show the line I traced but no word will appear. I can type the letters one by one like a regular keyboard but the swyping (which is the point of swype) isn't working. I kno I've used it before a while back but I don't know what's going wrong

Hmmm, well I know was working for me on D1. The swype installer is straight from swype beta? Because I had tried other links not directly from swype before and did the same thing you listed above to me.
And just to confirm: You are using D1? Swype forums has a lot of helpful threads for figuring this stuff out too. But I will check back to see if we can get you figured out.

EDIT: Okay I see D1 listed as your device so I assume that you are using that device. ;-)

LOL, yes! Swype no good to you if isn't swyping.:icon_eek:

Last edited:

jeremycnly

Reaction score
I just installed swype on my droid 1...meh... keyboard looks good but more cramped up and swyping is slower then typing.....ill use through out the day to see if I get use to it.

It took me longer to swype this sentence then to type the paragraph above...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just installed swype on my droid 1...meh... keyboard looks good but more cramped up and swyping is slower then typing.....ill use through out the day to see if I get use to it.

It took me longer to swype this sentence then to type the paragraph above...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Practice makes perfect;-). I was a diehard physical keyboard user. Hated swype at first. Now I am actually really fast with it. Make sure to watch those lil tutorials. Also one day will not be enough. You need give more time than that. Took me more than a week not to hate the darn thing. Within a month I was okay with it. Now I blaze. ;-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk