Swype coming to the droid?

JGard

Reaction score
I have been running Swype on mine for a few weeks. I love it. I would hate to do without it now.

Same here! I absolutely love it. I still prefer the "real" keyboard, but this is a huge improvement for a virtual one

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find it kinda weird and it makes me have to actually slow down and think about what I'm doing, rather than just punch buttons.
Any new input method will slow you down at first. Once you develop some muscle memory for gestures for the words it's very quick (and you don't even have to be accurate) in my experience. Obviously, YMMV.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Loving Swype on my Droid as well...

I'm still amazed at how accurate it is and how you can adjust the "error" rate....I'm a slow typer, so Swype is definitely the way to go for me....

:icon_ banana:

Yeah it is uncanny how accurate it is sometimes. When I show people swype and have them give me any word and it gets it, it blows their mind. Can't wait for a finished and official version for the Droid.

Xunal

Reaction score
Where did you guys get Swype?

I checked my keyboard options, it's not there, then I went to the market place and searched for Swype, and it's not there either...

Am I missing something here?

Reaction score
I've been using it for a few days now and absolutely love it..I can't wait to show my non-droid using friends what I can do!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Swype is pushing for OEM release... so don't plan on seeing it in the Market :(

KyleJDavison

Reaction score
Random question about Swype... I use it but my buddy who is not rooted wants to use it too. I have been looking for a while, do you have to be rooted to use Swype?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
The problem is that if you did not get in on the Beta testing, Swype is no longer available. I had swype on my phone but it said that my trial version was expired (didn't know at the time that I had a trial version). I now go to Swype's web page and all I can do is register for when or if they open the beta testing again. I really miss it and wish I could get it back.

If anyone knows where to get swype again for a non-rooted Droid, please let me know.

Speedy3

Reaction score
Try a similar app called SlideIT keyboard Lite in the market.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Scan these with Barcode Scanner app, from market. Both links are the trials, but there are paid versions of each too. They also offer different language packs as add-ons in the market.

Shapewriter:
chart

SlideIt:
chart