Swype and stock messaging

y0manda

Reaction score
When texting with the stock messenger the auto spacing is disabled and I can't seem to get the red circle with the line through it on the space key to disappear. I've never had this issue when using swype with my D1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

amusedone

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing...when I update my facebook it works properly but when texting the auto spacing won't work. I have tried everything I could think of to fix the problem. At least I'm not the only one having the issue...
Anyone with a suggestion on fixing this one?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bwpopper

Reaction score
Read about this on Swype's forum. The people who seemed to know things said it's a problem with the way the HTC developers identified the text box. It's apparently identified the same way as the address bar in the browser, which disables autospace in Swype.

bwpopper

Reaction score
The fix is to use a different messaging app. I like Handcent.

amusedone

Reaction score
Strangely every now and again I have to switch to the standard android keyboard for a few days because swype will still stop working even with handcent...but after I switch back it works fine for a week or so...anyone else?

bwpopper

Reaction score
I have to switch to stock and back after a reboot. It's another unfortunate bug from what I have been able to gather.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

MAPSTER5500

Reaction score
Well unfortunately I'm having the same issue if I reboot or do a battery swap I have to generate a new license every time but it only takes me a second but other than that swype works well

My Thunderbolt