Swype and D1-Miui-1.4.29. No work??

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
From reading other posts, it appears that Swype never worked with MIUI.

toastedoats

Reaction score
that couldnt be farther from the truth. I have installed swype on most MIUI builds, but havent bothered since the base went to GB

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying that for me toastedoats. Then is there a version of MIUI that I could install and Swype would work just fine with it? And if so, is there a link where I could get that version of the ROM to download? Thank you.

toastedoats

Reaction score
I just installed it with installer version 1.1.20186 (December update)

It did not want to generate license correctly, so I just tried to follow the steps as best as I could, tried it a few times and eventually I closed swype installer and it worked. I am not sure what exactly did it but I am now running Swype on 1.4.29

Note: It never explicitly told me a license was generated successfully

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
There isn't a build where Swype installed correctly, you just have to mess with it. Sometimes you get lucky and get it on the first try, sometimes the first try for several builds, but you always run into the issue that you're having sooner or later. Just keep trying, man.

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
That's weird because I keep getting the message I posted earlier and it won't let me use swype in the "Swype"ing motion. What I mean by that is it does install Swype and I can use it but I cannot run my finger from one letter to the next to the next like Swype is supposed to do. I can use it to manually push every letter of the word I want to type one at a time. Is that how yours works or can you slide your finger and the little blue line follow your finger's path?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird because I keep getting the message I posted earlier and it won't let me use swype in the "Swype"ing motion. What I mean by that is it does install Swype and I can use it but I cannot run my finger from one letter to the next to the next like Swype is supposed to do. I can use it to manually push every letter of the word I want to type one at a time. Is that how yours works or can you slide your finger and the little blue line follow your finger's path?

I'm not on MIUI right now. Task killer was driving me crazy, or the amount of memory it uses, whichever. But, it will still install Swype, but you have to manually type everything in. If you try to Swype, it just flashes with a blue border, or used to at least, and wouldn't let you Swype. That's due to it not being able to properly generate the license since you can't select certain keyboards like you can in normal ROM's. Also, there's a step I forgot to mention. Whenever I got Swype working first try, after I deleted everything Swype related from my phone, then downloaded it from the stock browser, all that good stuff, I rebooted after I installed it. That's what some other people were saying to do at the time and that's what I did and it worked perfectly. The 2nd time, not so much. But that reboot might help, you never know.

toastedoats

Reaction score
/\ what he said/\

This is because it hasnt generate the license, open the installer and keep messing with it trying to generate the license. It will work eventually

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not on MIUI right now. Task killer was driving me crazy, or the amount of memory it uses, whichever. But, it will still install Swype, but you have to manually type everything in. If you try to Swype, it just flashes with a blue border, or used to at least, and wouldn't let you Swype.

If you get to this point, all you have to do is change your input method to the standard android keyboard and then change it back to swype. This works for me every time.