Switching phones - back and forth dx to razr maxx

Colorado

Reaction score
My wife and I both had the droid x and purchased razr maxx's before the cutoff date to keep unlimited data last june. My wife activated hers when we received them, I never did yet cuz I am a procrastinator. My question is if I activate the maxx now, will I lose unlimited and have to purchase a shared plan? There seems to be contradicting answers on this subject.
I want to activate the maxx now and switch back to the dx and then I can switch back to the maxx when the ota jb update is released. This way I can transfer everything over to the maxx and be all ready to receive the update when released.
I just cannot stand ics and my wife hates it too.
Just worried about losing unlimited.
Thanks

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you dont like ics is jelly bean going to be that much better?

yes you can switch back and forth as much as you need and wont lose your data, the only thing you would lose is the insurance or extended warranty if you are paying it through verizon

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Yeah, you can switch back and forth as much as you like as long as there both 4G capable phones. Just pop in your SIM card and your good to go. For a long time I was running a Thunderbolt I removed the cameras from for work, and a RAZR MAXX with cameras outside of work. Now I have 2 RAZR MAXX phones (one I pulled the cameras out of for work, and a normal one outside of work) that I swap between.

OP
C

Colorado

Reaction score
The dx is only 3g and the maxx is 4g, is that ok?