Switching keyboards

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just switched from the OG Droid to the TB. I was using the gingerbread keyboard app, and want to use it on the TB but i have it activated but can't find a way to make the TB use it since there is no settings key on the keyboard and no checkable box in the keyboard options.

thanks

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just switched from the OG Droid to the TB. I was using the gingerbread keyboard app, and want to use it on the TB but i have it activated but can't find a way to make the TB use it since there is no settings key on the keyboard and no checkable box in the keyboard options.

thanks

You tried long press/release in any text field then selecting input method and then selecting GB KB?

OP
Ryukashin

Ryukashin

Reaction score
I have tried long press but nothing happens no matter how long i hold the text imput box lol

OP
Ryukashin

Ryukashin

Reaction score
nevermind the system unchecked the box which was why i didn't get the longpress options

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I believe you have to clear the default before the "input method" will pop up. Try going into manage apps in the menu. Top tabs select all then find the keyboard app. Tap on clear default then try the long press. Disclaimer: I don't have a TB so this may not work on that phone. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Happened to me last night...settings, keyboard, check the gingerbread one. Enjoy messing around with the settings.

I actually paid the 99 cents for it. It's pretty cool, but like the stock keyboard there's a slight lag on it. It's just a lot better looking

OP
Ryukashin

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Got it working. I love this keyboard so much more than the stock ones lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums