Switching from Inc to Bionic. Transferring data

hydro556

Reaction score
The last time I switched phones I had a heck of a time transferring all my apps and data from one to the other.

Has this been improved at all? I have quite a few apps and things and would hate to lose it.

Standard apps all the way down to my levels of Angry birds? Will this be lost:p

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gonna have to do a backup of your Inc then copy it over to the Bionic.

Dont know of any new ways

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Gonna have to do a backup of your Inc then copy it over to the Bionic.

Dont know of any new ways

Thanks D. Can you point me to a tutorial of this process? Or recommend an ap? I get very random results from a search. I am sure that there must be a preferred method since I assume everyone here goes through this. Hoping to make the transition pretty seamless without having to re-download and reinstall every app that I like.

Also, will it keep all the data from Angry Birds, etc?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you were rooted you could just use Titatium Backup to save all of your Apps. The market also keeps track of you user apps so as long as you don't have anything not from the market you can get them all back that way. Just put any of your important files on your computer and then you can easily transfer them back after you get your new phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks D. Can you point me to a tutorial of this process? Or recommend an ap? I get very random results from a search. I am sure that there must be a preferred method since I assume everyone here goes through this. Hoping to make the transition pretty seamless without having to re-download and reinstall every app that I like.

Also, will it keep all the data from Angry Birds, etc?

There are various apps that allow backing up, such as Astro, Titanium Backup, myBackup, etc.

Your apps are backed up via your gmail account, so when you login again and go to market you can redownload them.
Text messages need to be backed up (if you want) with another app such as SMSbackup+, which I use and it works great
Media can be backed up on your SD card.
As for you angry birds scores, I believe you have to be rooted to back those up. I'm not aware of the process for that, but I did read around awhile back that they could be saved.