Switching Droid Phones - Account

mach330

Reaction score
So I've done several phone swapping in my family in which I activate thru the website and enter the code on the back of the phone to swap my numbers thru different phone. but my question is, i remember logging into my droid phone with my gmail to port over all my contacts. i'll be getting my wife the Dx and give her droid to her bro. how do i login to her droid with her bro's gmail account? Do i have to reset the phone? will that get rid of all her apps on the phone (that i want to keep)? Thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would do a factory reset.

Paid apps are tied to the Gmail account, once you remove that account from the phone the apps are gone also.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
No need to reset, so into your phone's settings, then into the sync and remove the miss's gmail, and add her bro's. Viola.

jaed569

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that will remove the contacts though - might only remove access to their email. I think a factory if the safest bet to get rid of everything, I guess it depends how eager you are to remove them.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
It will remove the contacts. The contacts are backed up to your google account. Removing any of the synced accounts will remove the corresponding contacts.