switching between roms

Reaction score
so right now i have Liberty ROM installed on my bionic. I wanna try out the eclipse rom, just to see which one i like better. do i use the normal installation process, or do i have to go back to stock first?

awdowdy

Reaction score
you can install safestrap and use that.it's how i try out new roms.you have to uninstall bootstrap before you do though.then just use safestrap to backup your current rom and then go to the safesystem and install like normal.that way if you muck it up or dont like it you still have your old one saved and you can revert back to it.

also in safestrap safe system webtop does NOT work.so basically just to try em out.

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Where can I find safestrap? I am on eclipse 2.1 and was wanting to try a different rom, just have no clue how to switch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Thanks. Any clue of how to switch roms? I have rom manager and just made a backup, can I install a new rom, while running eclipse, the same way I installed eclipse??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

awdowdy

Reaction score
if you've every used bootstrap its the similar.whatever system you have now will be your main one.weather its stock or whatever then you can swap to unsafe mode and flash away to try em out.its got a basic layout on the download page on xda.