Switched from Moto Droid to Moto Devour (love it) but How do I Switch My Contacts!?

M.J.H.

Reaction score
:mad:

Someone please help me ASAP! I have left the store I am 30 minutes away I was counting on MyBackupPro application to get the job done and it said error because of the different versions. I am thinking Android 2.1 on the Droid and 1.6 on the Devour.

Anyone have any ideas, thank you!!

pyro6128

Reaction score
your contacts should be stored in your google account. When you sign in it should sync and your contacts should be there.

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
If they weren't and tons are missing any ideas?

moosc

Reaction score
Well for VZW should asked u. But since its Google it should automatically backed up your contacts. Just go back to VZW and have them put on .

moosc

Reaction score
And why switch to such a lesser phone tuck that is where your mistake is u should have stayed Droid.

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
I will do a full comparison of the phones later of course the Droid has some advantages and the Devour has some advantages but overall I just NEED a physical (workable) keyboard I am sorry. The virtual keyboard I find myself still making small errors especially with words that I have not taken the time to add to the custom dictionary.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have fun with it! :)

Should give it a review for the board after you've had it for a bit.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to ask this,but since the device isn't listed as for sale from VZW yet. did you actually get a devour is so :icon_ worthless:

Post em up for us..even best buys ad lists the device but not available today

cuskit

Reaction score
I am sorry to ask this,but since the device isn't listed as for sale from VZW yet. did you actually get a devour is so :icon_ worthless:

Post em up for us..even best buys ad lists the device but not available today
Yes - including which store (30 minutes away from) that you purchased from. ;) mike

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Available at BB starting the 25th, he could have one Miami ... But yes, pics please!

truckrod

Reaction score
vcard

if posible that u may have exported your contacts to your sdcard it saves them in vcard format in you droid . simply pull your sdcard out put it in your devour n import them into your devour . as that is done n you dont want that sdcard simply remove it and put your new sdcard in n i would export them into your new sdcard in your new phone note this doesnt pull them off the phones list it just does a back up . how to do this is win you are on your contact page hit the menu key n it will say import/export tap it n it will ask import to sdcard or export to sdcard good luck with the new phone

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Log onto your G-mail account and see if your contacts are in proper order there. They should sync right back to the Devour. The cloud is a helpful thing :)

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
I bought the Devour yesterday from Best Buy they had a bunch of them in stock. This was in Wilmington, DE if it's helpful to anyone.