Switch From X to X2 Worth It?

loknload

Reaction score
My wife had a Droid 2 that went bad and Verizon replaced it under warranty with a Droid X2. I have a Droid X and my wife doesn't like it so she voiced her displeasure with being sent an X2 and used an available upgrade to get a different phone. So we have this Droid X2 sitting around. How much faster is the processor in the X2 compared to my X and would it be worth it for me to activate the X2 and switch from my X? I know they are pretty much the same phone with the X2 having a dual core processor and a little different screen. I'm just wondering if it's an advantage to switch or if I should just sell the X2 outright. I'm not interested in buying a new phone (well, I am interested in the RAZR but I don't have another upgrade available until July and I'm not paying retail) and the only reason I'm asking this is because I have a brand new X2 that I didn't pay anything for just sitting here gathering dust.

catfisher

Reaction score
Why not just try it out and see? I am still using an X and never considered for a moment the X2. I didn't feel as there was enough there to warrant getting it. But hey, you got it for free so why not at least give it a shot?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shep938

Reaction score
try and sell it on ebay. Since you didnt pay nothing for it, i would sell it. The DX2 is a piece of sheet! Keep your DX and wait for the upgrade and get a good phone. I know how people have said that they love their DX2, but more people have said they are a piece of crap. I am on my 5th DX2. DX2 is a piece of crap!!!

jcl6543

Reaction score
I would never purchase another DroidX2 in my life. Had mine for three months now and must say the phone is nothing but garbage and wished I never bought it. My list of complaints is long and I have nothing good to say about this phone. It's embarrassing, it really is and the phone performs like crap, shuts itself off for no reason, doesn't do what it advertises and has a battery life of about 8 minutes per charge. Don't waste your money on this brick.

It's pure crap and should be renamed a DumbPhone because its dumber than a box of rocks. There is nothing smart about the Droid X2 and I'd prolly rather slit my wrists than put up with a piece of garbage such as this phone.

Just my two cents.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I would never purchase another DroidX2 in my life. Had mine for three months now and must say the phone is nothing but garbage and wished I never bought it. My list of complaints is long and I have nothing good to say about this phone. It's embarrassing, it really is and the phone performs like crap, shuts itself off for no reason, doesn't do what it advertises and has a battery life of about 8 minutes per charge. Don't waste your money on this brick.

It's pure crap and should be renamed a DumbPhone because its dumber than a box of rocks. There is nothing smart about the Droid X2 and I'd prolly rather slit my wrists than put up with a piece of garbage such as this phone.

Just my two cents.

Chill out man...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Inktownlegend

Reaction score
I have both and the ONLY thing better about the x1 is the camera button and I have mixed feelings about the height of the buttons (they are almost flush on the x2).

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Tallen1331

Reaction score
After having the DX for a year or so i received the DX2 a few weeks ago as an insurance replacement....

The speed is a little bit faster, and its fun to play some of the tegra 2 games out there but the DX is definitely a better phone. The screen on the DX2 is pretty miserable if coming from a great screen like the one on the DX.

looking forward to getting rid of this thing and picking up a nexus

gitarzan

Reaction score
The DX2 is OK, but never lived up to most peoples expectations. Some folks have had a lot of issues, I did at first, but after two OTA updates, it's OK by me. I still wish I'd gotten something else.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Development for the X2 is picking up speed, beta tests of CM7 are just around the corner.

Sent from my Android device.

OP
loknload

loknload

Reaction score
Thanks for your guys' responses. I decided that it probably wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to switch so I'll sell it while it's worth a little bit.