Switch from Original Droid 1 to Droid X

Aram58

Reaction score
I would think this would be a common question but couldn't find any threads.

I currently have the original droid 1. I am getting a droid x and want the transition to be as seamless as possible. If i use titanium backup for everything but system apps/data, can i just restore on the droid x? This just seems too easy and i would expect the d1 backup to be incompatible with the droid x.

I'm rooted and will root the droid x. I'll be defiantly be running simply stunning when it comes out for the x.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I highly doubt that your Titanium backups for the Droid 1 will work on the Droid X.

OP
A

Aram58

Reaction score
So do I but if I only bring what I need (just about everything but system apps), then titanium would only be backing up things running on top of android. These things should be universal to any device running android right?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
You would think, but I believe that there are certain things set on the app that tells it what model phone you have so it knows how to use the OS to interact with the hardware. Since the actual hardware on the Droid X is different than the Droid 1, there is where I believe you will have an epic failure with ANY apps you try to transfer that way. You might be able to do it manually, though . . . .but I believe that is outside the rules of this forum.

good luck

OP
A

Aram58

Reaction score
What do you mean by manually?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Where you find out the actual name of the .apk file and it's location and use adb to pull it to your computer. adb does wonders.