SwiftKey X and the RAZR

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Who here is using SwiftKey X on their RAZR? I had it on my Bionic and had issues with it (words disappearing as I type a lot of times) and saw that SwiftKey is thy their app wasn't working correctly on the Bionic, and but never actually said if they eventually fixed it.

Now, I'm having the same issues on my RAZR, and which is understandable since the RAZR and the Bionic are similar...

Anyone else here with experience with SwiftKey on their RAZR?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I installed Swiftkey X on my Razr in November. I've used it on and off. It had an update recently so perhaps I will try again. Great idea, but it seems to have problems on the Razr. (I wonder if it is the dual core processor causing the issues.) It lags too much and I end up typing faster on the stock keypad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

I used swift key x on my DX and loved it but now in my razr it lags bad and seems to "stick", if you will, so I'm on stock right now til I find something use.... again....

I'm using it without problems and love it. Tried some others but like this far better. No lag or any other issues. Fantastic at predicting words!

Using it on my razr with out issues..

Using SwiftKey on my bionic and love it. Only issue is voice recognition. It just isn't that accurate. There was an update, but it didn't help much. Once again, only when trying to use the voice recognition and that's with the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

just switched from swype to swift key a few days ago...no problems so far...i am liking it quite a bit better than swype....

I've been using SwiftKey X since I got my Razr and it works as well as it did on my Incredible, which is working very well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have been using Swiftkey and no lag except when it needs to disappear (stays on screen a bit longer than it should).

My two favorite keyboards now are SwiftKey X and Ultra-KB. Funny how one KB works like it can read my mind and then the next note I can't type "Bob".
I'll change KB's and now this one is shiny and it reads my mind until,,,

i was having some lag issues so im now using the stock keyboard

yeah on my galaxy s that i had swiftkey was pefect and as soon i got the razr i downloaded swift key and it was not the same...

its lags alot and almost like it doesnt have multi touch and i just couldnt keep using it...

And i dont like swype anymore maybe i just have to get used to it again... so im stuck with the stock razr keyboard which is actually really good.

I've been using Swiftkey X on my Bionic since September and it works great. I used to have issues with it closing on my OG Droid, due to low memory under Froyo. No issues on the Bionic though. My version is through the Amazon Appstore, got it back when it was the free app of the day, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Who here is using SwiftKey X on their RAZR? I had it on my Bionic and had issues with it (words disappearing as I type a lot of times) and saw that SwiftKey is thy their app wasn't working correctly on the Bionic, and but never actually said if they eventually fixed it.

Now, I'm having the same issues on my RAZR, and which is understandable since the RAZR and the Bionic are similar...

Anyone else here with experience with SwiftKey on their RAZR?

i bought it when it was 10 cents... glad i only paid ten cents. i hated it. it worked fine if my battery was above 80% and was kinda cool, but it started lagging more and it would run slow, the thing i hate the MOST about this app is it dosnt record your "keystrokes" while it is lagging and derping out. so it would record about half of the keys i hit causing rambling nonsensical sentences. i didint like the keys either but that was my personal preference, with the stick keyboard the keys were much larger, and actually recorded key strokes if it happened to lag. the auto correction on the stock keyboard is pretty good, i was satisfied with it. and a small issue was the lack of themes they had, wish they would have more.
my brother has been using swiftx keys for the past 5 months and he has had to clear his history/memory cause every time he pressed space it would suggest something he didnt want. so the word prediction got over used, and was predicting words you really didnt want it to predict. clearing the memory every month resolved that.

Hmmm, it's interesting to see that some people are actually able to use SwiftKey on the Bionic, even when Swiftkey themselves said that the app would not operate correctly on the Bionic.

I uninstalled it and the reinstalled it on the RAZR, and while it's a little better than it was before, it still does things like delete words randomly as I type. Kind of annoying. Oh well, the stock Moto keyboard is pretty good anyway...

Back