Swiftkey Flow Comes out of Beta; Temporary Promo Price of $1.99 and/or Free Upgrade

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;f9Ukb6Migl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f9Ukb6Migl0[/video]​

Swiftkey fans who were impressed by the new variant, Swiftkey Flow, will be happy to know that the app is out of beta, and is available as part of Swiftkey 4. It is for sale in the Google Play Store now. You might also be pleased to know that for a limited time only they are offering it at a special promotional price. If you don't already have Swiftkey, then you can purchase it for $1.99, which is half off. If you already have the app, then you can upgrade to the new version for free. Please note that they have different versions for tablets and phones. Here's their full press release and a Google Play Store source link to check it out.

SwiftKey 4 Best-Selling Android App Revolutionized with Innovative ‘SwiftKey Flow’ Gesture Typing

SAN FRANCISCO — February 20, 2013 — SwiftKey 4 launches today on Google Play with smarter features that make typing on a touchscreen faster, easier and more accurate. Available now at the promo price of $1.99 and as a free upgrade for existing users, the new release features a unique take on gesture typing called SwiftKey Flow.

SwiftKey Flow combines the mind-reading capabilities of SwiftKey’s personalized autocorrect engine with the speed of gliding your fingers across the screen. This revolutionary approach to continuous input begins predicting words from the moment a user touches the screen and goes on to predict their next word when they let go. A unique feature called ‘Flow Through Space’ also makes gesture typing more powerful than ever before by allowing users to enter entire phrases simply by gliding to the space bar between words.

SwiftKey 4 adds to everything that has made the app a bestseller since first launching in 2010. Users can still tap to type, the app constantly learns a user’s style to ease the frustration of entering long words and users can further personalize predictions by granting access to their Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, SMS or blog posts.

“Everyone’s had embarrassing autocorrect moments,” said Ben Medlock, SwiftKey co-founder and CTO. “That’s why we built SwiftKey to understand the context of words, not just their spelling. It works from the word go to adjust to you — from the phrases you write to how you touch the screen. It means you don’t have to worry about typing, it does all the hard work for you.”

The new features in SwiftKey 4 include:

SwiftKey Flow – blending SwiftKey’s mind-reading next-word prediction and autocorrect with the speed of gesture typing
Flow Through Space – lets users write entire sentences in one motion without ever having to lift their finger to add a space
Support for contextual prediction across 60 languages – with new support for Albanian, Bosnian, Javanese, Sundanese, Thai and Vietnamese, all with dynamic auto-correction and next word prediction
Easier corrections – tap on a word and SwiftKey 4 will move the cursor to the end of the word and offer two alternatives
Personalized typing style – whether you write inaccurately with two thumbs or more carefully using a single finger, SwiftKey 4 now automatically adapts to how users type to provide more insightful corrections and prediction
Beta versions of the app have been tested by more than 200,000 SwiftKey fans over the last 11 weeks, with more than 2.4 billion characters flowed. A No.1 best-selling app on Google Play in 38 countries, SwiftKey is available in 60 languages and counting. For more information about SwiftKey, visit SwiftKey - faster, easier, more accurate typing for phones and tablets SwiftKey.

About SwiftKey

SwiftKey was founded by Cambridge University graduates Jon Reynolds, CEO and Dr Ben Medlock, CTO in August 2008. With a growing team of over 90 people, the company is based in Southwark, London, UK.

The company’s technology makes typing much easier on touchscreen devices, powering the text entry experience with intelligent natural language technology. This is seen in the flagship SwiftKey keyboard app on Android, which launched in September 2010. The app understands how words work together to give much more accurate corrections and predictions than other keyboards. It can even predict a user’s next word as they type and also powerfully learns over time to make typing easier and even more accurate. Users can personalize SwiftKey using Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, SMS or their blog posts.

In the last year, SwiftKey won a People’s Voice Webby Award for Mobile Experimentation and Innovation, Most Innovative App at the GSMA awards at Mobile World Congress and has also been recently named one of the top 10 most innovative companies in the world by Fast Company. Its bespoke product for clinicians using touchscreens, SwiftKey Healthcare, is currently shortlisted for “Best Mobile Health Product or Service” at the 2013 GSMA awards and last year won the Best Enterprise Appster at the Apps World conference.

Source: Google Play Store - Swiftkey 4

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been part of the beta program and have to say this is the most impressive of all the 'swype' type keyboards I've tried. The swype function is very accurate and it has the great predictive capabilities of SwiftKey (and it 'learns' your patterns including custom text etc.). Def worth the upgrade price!!
dancingDroid.gif

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been part of the beta program and have to say this is the most impressive of all the 'swype' type keyboards I've tried. The swype function is very accurate and it has the great predictive capabilities of SwiftKey (and it 'learns' your patterns including custom text etc.). Def worth the upgrade price!!
dancingDroid.gif

same here, loved the beta, there are a few quirks with it having learned words I typed years ago from my email, I wish there was a way to adjust the dictionary, otherwise I've dropped swype for this and definitely just bought the app.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have been using swype for a while and slide it keyboard, will give this a try, seems nice so far, faster then the other two. For two bucks, not bad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

djspy

Reaction score
I've been using the beta version but I find that The Swype that came with my phone is at many times better and easier. I still haven't figured a way to capitalize words in SwiftKey for example. Right now, I had to go back and fix all the workforce words Audley predicted. I left the last sentence unchanged so you could see. Workforce should've been wrong and Audley should have been SwiftKey.

jseah

Reaction score
I had been using the beta version and when I got the email that it had been released as SwiftKey 4 and clicked on the link to Play to get it, it came up as free for me. I think it was free because I already had the beta installed on my phone.

warped1987

Reaction score
Tried it once after I got the update for it, it worked perfectly, even for a person whose never really used swipe more than once or twice. If I wasn't faster at texting with my thumbs I would use this feature cuz it worked perfectly.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Re:

Yay! Been a part of Beta since launch, and have had SwiftKey installed for months. So glad they integrated it into 4 instead of making it another purchase. I don't use Flow much, but it's nice to know I have the capabilities. I will be recommending this to everyone I sell an s3 to lol

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD