swapping sd card from D2 to DX.

zoo16

Reaction score
Searched and didn't find anything on this.
I switched from the D2 to the DX and did not have an extra microsd card at the time, so I kept all the info on my card and put it into the DX and activated the phone. The phone runs normally, but I now don't have a folder for music. Can I just make one and add the music files to it? Any thoughts?

rkeller62

Reaction score
Yup - don't see why you can't just make a music folder on your sdcard and add whatever you want to it. The music app should see it and show whatever songs are there when you launch it.

OP
zoo16

zoo16

Reaction score
I'll try it and report back. Thanks!

quiet1

Reaction score
SD cards rn't for specific phones. If the sd card fits, then u can use it. When i got the DX I took the SD card from my BB Storm, got rid of all the info (wanted to start fresh) and put it into the DX and it's been working fine for me and I've had the DX since it's release.

OP
zoo16

zoo16

Reaction score
SD cards rn't for specific phones. If the sd card fits, then u can use it. When i got the DX I took the SD card from my BB Storm, got rid of all the info (wanted to start fresh) and put it into the DX and it's been working fine for me and I've had the DX since it's release.
I know that the card itself isn't phone-specific, just wanted to know if there would be a compatibility problem if I took the card directly from the D2 and put it into the DX.

quiet1

Reaction score
but i would make a back up of the pictures, just in case the X corrupts it (which it shouldn't, but always good idea to have back ups)