supress all notifications while music player is playing

bigdaddynw5

Reaction score
Nothing more annoying than listening to music and it interupted by a text or email notification. It stops the music and resumes after the notification sound ends. I still want a call to push through but that's it.

Ideas?

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I cant stand that either,worse yet is when your snapping a picture,and your pressing and the camera isnt responding,then 3 seconds later a text comes thru......ive missed many good photos due to this....gotta be a way to subdue texts and e mails.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tasker can turn off all (or what ones you choose) ringtones when a certain app is opened so you wont hear it

as for camera, you probably can use this too to put your phone in airplane mode when the app is opened

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
tasker can turn off all (or what ones you choose) ringtones when a certain app is opened so you wont hear it

as for camera, you probably can use this too to put your phone in airplane mode when the app is opened

Thanks for the advice on airplane mode...never thought to use it...as for turning off all ringers...I have every ringer off all the time,my phone never rings or vibrates,it makes no difference the texts/emails come thru,and stop whatever it is you were doing....

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks for the advice on airplane mode...never thought to use it...as for turning off all ringers...I have every ringer off all the time,my phone never rings or vibrates,it makes no difference the texts/emails come thru,and stop whatever it is you were doing....

i dont understand what you want.. your phone ringer isnt working?

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Sorry,my ringer for everything is off intentionally.I hate ringers,I just check the phone every time I have time....I miss calls,thats why I have voicemail...if my immediate family needs me they know my password on my "wheres my droid" application,and it turns the ringer up to the max so i get there text/call....for everyone else,it will wait....LOL.
I thought you were answering the original question by saying that turning off the ringer would stop the text e mails from disrupting the camera, or a game......on my droid the text stops the game or camera...im going to try the airplane mode,thanks again for that.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh yea no problem

also, tasker can do what you described without using wheres my droid

set up a profile to silence all ringers then you can set a higher priority profile that adds an exception for your family numbers

idk i just love tasker :) i make it do everything

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Thanks Abe...your help is greatly appreciated. Ive been reading some of your threads,now you got me wanting to root the X,lol...I have a replacement phone coming,its supposed to be brand new,maybe once i get it,and its issue free.....the fun will begin

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks Abe...your help is greatly appreciated. Ive been reading some of your threads,now you got me wanting to root the X,lol...I have a replacement phone coming,its supposed to be brand new,maybe once i get it,and its issue free.....the fun will begin

there are A LOT of them in my sig lol make sure you found them all ;)