Sunday Evening Chat: Welcome to Spring

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know Spring break started over a week ago but this week the weather finally feel more spring like, unfortunately that also means strong thunderstorms. But I am glad to be out of the 20 degree and below weather.

MikeTroutSliding.jpeg
1) Favorite Spring activity: Spring is in the air and this is the time when lawn mowers are taken out of the shed, grills are cleaned off, and baseball fever is in full swing. What do you look forward to most about spring?
Spring%20BBQ.jpg
2) Spring pictures: Post your pics whether it be time at the ball park, outdoors, or kicked up around the grill.

Nexus-5-camera-sensor-443.jpg
3) Software updates: This is one of those interesting topics as I can find myself on both sides of the fence. Owning a nexus and playing with the newest software part of me feel like it is a crime that oems do not update their devices to the newest software. But then when I experience bugs (issues) with the software and Google acknowledges their newest update will fix the issue, I (at that point) understand why manufacturers wait. For a nexus and Google play edition devices you can basically kick out an update to the phone and it is ready to download and use vs a device with manufacturer and carrier software where they now have to rebuild on top of the new software as well as go through the process of testing the software. For me it makes sense for a manufacturer to want to wait for a stable software to build upon. But because of manufacturers reputations in the past we do not trust them (and rightfully so) with updating their devices in a timely manner so we downgrade a device that is released with 4.3 as opposed to a device released with 4.4.2 (and you can add me as I am fighting to get to the front trying to get to the manufacturer while waving my pitchfork). So what is the happy median/solution for this?
Hey, it is hard out there for a manufacturer trying to get money for the rent.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Gonna rant a bit, but hey, its the internet....try to stop me =D.

I HATE BASEBALL! Yup, I said it. I'm a big hockey fan and you know what pisses me off...when baseball, at the very beginning of their season, takes over the channels and boots the hockey games scheduled to be on even though its the very end of the regular season for the NHL and are very important games. On the rare occasion that Hockey is on first, the game is cut immediately after it ends to go to a baseball game, no post game show, nothing but for baseball, it keeps going on and on and on after the game ends.

As for spring, I kind of wish it wasn't here. In California, we had a very dry winter and spring is way ahead of schedule. But the kids have enjoyed it.

232323232-fp83232-ydnjthgqubwsnrcgu-26%3Dot-2329%3D-7%3B%3D379%3DXROQDF-332--4552%3B234ot1lsi.jpg

232323232-fp53882-nu%3D3238-98--288-WSNRCG%3D423%3B%3B36253325nu0mrj.jpg

232323232-fp5384%3B-nu%3D3238-98--288-WSNRCG%3D423%3B%3B3624%3B325nu0mrj.jpg