Sunday Evening Chat: Should Google make their own Phone, Galaxy A7, and more...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
NX_5X_PLA_nexus_android_walnut_wood_cover__92546.1446680359.190.285.jpg

There have been reports of Google looking into making their own devices, a move that I actually think could work. They own their own wireless carrier (feeding off Sprint and T-Mobile), they are continuing to build up their fiber optic network, and they are still working on other ventures. The question is how will Google go about doing that (making their own phone) as we know they are not going to actually build a factory from the ground up to make phones. I could see them shopping different manufacturers for parts and maybe making a Frankenstein of a phone (Project Ara?) but we will have to wait and see.

What are your thoughts on how Google should pursue making their own phones?

Samsung-Galaxy-A7-2016-01.jpg

Samsung may not be done with their Galaxy Alpha devices. If you are not familiar with the Galaxy Alpha, you could say that was Samsung's device to steer away from the plastic build to a more premium build. Even though it did not get much love it did help shape future Galaxy devices. Well it looks as if Samsung will be pumping out another in the A5 and A7. The question is will this device hit the US given the poor track record for sales in the states?

jaybird-cover.jpg

Chime in: What are the best and worse BT headphones that you have used for working out?

Source; Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) and Galaxy A7 (2016) further leak in picture form!

Google should absolutely design and manufacture or have a 3rd party manufacture a device for them.
This would give them the opportunity to completely control the end result as Apple does.

Reactions: cr6
Was reading and it looks like the A7 will have a sd card slot.

I agree that we would definitely find out what Google wants a device to be..but at the same time..perhaps they'd listen to their customers and build devices that we really want..and with their new mobile company kicking off.. They could release it on their own terms..no one like vzw saying ...we don't want this or that on our network...

Back