Suddenly, my touch sensitivity has been amplified

samredman

Reaction score
Somtime this afternoon I began to notice that the touch sensitivity has increased (by a factor of about 4 times less pressure to actuate a function or an app). This is characterized by actions being triggered with a significantly lighter touch... which means that just casual brushing or handling of the phone causes actions which were not planned.

I have called the Verizon support line. But, they really only had that pathetic Motorola manual, which we downloaded, to refer to... then they said they would discuss this with another level of tech support and call me back (no response after thirty minutes). My phone literally went from being wonderful... to virturally unusable. Oddly, it is popping up the google search dialog box periodically and often the voice search dialog and then attempting to search from a word spoken on the radio playing in the background. Often it returns a page of search results... some of them rather bizarre. Strangely, there seems to be no settings tool to calibrate or adjust the touch sensitivity.

I wonder if they have done another secret update (like they did the camera) and this is what I got?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I wonder if they have done another secret update (like they did the camera) and this is what I got?

There was NOT a secret update to fix the camera....

OP
samredman

samredman

Reaction score
According to the people who code shopsavvy barcode scanning app (which uses the camera) there was a "stealth" Verizon update:

Big in Japan | Verizon Droid OTA Camera Fix! (it worked)

They had coded around the previous focus problem and then after the "stealth" update, they had to recode their app to work with the new fixed focus. So.. if anyone should know, I think it would be those guys.

But, resolving the validity of that camera update issue doesn't fix my super touch sensitivity problem.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
According to the people who code shopsavvy barcode scanning app (which uses the camera) there was a "stealth" Verizon update:

Big in Japan | Verizon Droid OTA Camera Fix! (it worked)

They had coded around the previous focus problem and then after the "stealth" update, they had to recode their app to work with the new fixed focus. So.. if anyone should know, I think it would be those guys.

But, resolving the validity of that camera update issue doesn't fix my super touch sensitivity problem.

Motorola Droid camera autofocus fixed in secrecy? (Update: it's a date-related self-correction) -- Engadget

mavfan

Reaction score
forget the camera. ..

I'm seeing better results from touching, too. Don't know if I am because you said so! :) I definitely see better results when clicking on links in Twitdroid.

Droider

Reaction score
I began to notice that the touch sensitivity has increased (by a factor of about 4 times). This is characterized by actions being triggered with a significantly lighter touch... which means that just casual brushing or handling causes actions which were not planned.

That's what she said.

sir

Reaction score
i still have the problem where i'll attempt to select something (like in the contact list) and by touching to select it just scrolls to the bottom.

i don't think it's sensitivity based, though. i tried to touch really lightly, then i tried to poke a hole through the screen....didn't help.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apprently the camera autofocus working was a bug lol. And my sensitivity was really sensitive at first but now that you mention it, it seems to have gone down a little. Maybe I have too many apps installed or something :(

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Apprently the camera autofocus working was a bug lol. And my sensitivity was really sensitive at first but now that you mention it, it seems to have gone down a little. Maybe I have too many apps installed or something :(
seems like you just got used to the phone. I thought the phone was overly sensitive at first, but now i think it's perfect, could also be due to my Invisible Shield, but it still is pretty sensitive.

808droid

Reaction score
I have noticed a slight change, I can actually use my thumb now, before it worked better using only my index finger, now I can use my thumb when before it didn't work well with it.

Hmmm.....like the commercial said, "DROID doe's everything your other phone doesn't", now I wonder if updates and patches are done this way...it is possible, if it is so, that is so cool, possibly due to the Android 2.0 run by Google.:gotmyvote:

mavfan

Reaction score
I began to notice that the touch sensitivity has increased (by a factor of about 4 times). This is characterized by actions being triggered with a significantly lighter touch... which means that just casual brushing or handling causes actions which were not planned.

That's what she said.

I only had a sec to post, so I knew when I wrote that, I was opening myself up. Well played.

amuse

Reaction score
ShopSavvy on Droid and Camera Fix

We reported that there was a OTA fix for the camera earlier this week. We were wrong. You won't believe this, but there is a date bug in the Droid that caused the AF not to work until this week. It is set to go back to not working around the 11th of next month (about the same time the OTA is scheduled). Here is the quote, "“According to Google Engineer Dan Morrill, there is an unfortunate bug in the Droid’s autofocus routine. It improperly rounds a timestamp used in the calculations, which somehow throws the entire focusing process off. Today it works, and tomorrow it will work…but 24.5 days from now, the bug will be back.”
Here is more from TechCrunch:

Mystery Of Droid Autofocus Conspiracy Solved (For Reals This Time)