ovelry sensitive touch screen or random apps opening

angelman

Reaction score
I have become rather frustrated with my droid of late. I have found that it is getting slower and more jerky. More frustrating than that the screen seems very sensitive. I will try to swipe to the other desktop and in doing so some random app on another screen will suddenly start to open (usually pandora which will after a while suddenly start blasting out music at full volume), or invariably it will call someone on one of my desktop contacts shortcuts. It's possible that I have inadvertantly pressed the screen but sometimes it feels as if just having my finger hovering over it or brushing it with my shirt is enough to have some app open up. Worse still can be that if I try and close say pandora it freezes, stutters takes ages to change screens and in the panic of trying to shut off 50 cent playing very loudly in a business meeting it can get very frustrating. Likewise if it makes a phantom call I find that often the screen will go blank, then come back again (probably due to the proximity sensor being overly sensitive) as I struggle to try and cancel the call.
Has anyone else encountered this rather buggy unpredictable behaviour.
I havent loaded up too many apps I dont think though I do have mobile defense running in the background. I got rid of Home++ and Dolphin and tried to pare down my apps to the minimum to see if that would help, it did a bit but not much.
My camera app often crashes too not even force closing it just opens and then goes back to the desktop almost immediately.
I feel the phone is getting more and more unstable as time goes on.
Maybe I need to do some sort of reset but this seems a bit silly really.
The phone would be amazing if it were just a bit more stable and smooth I think.

JamesX

Reaction score
Did you use a charger with insufficent power?

Sometimes it would cause random things to happen to your phone. Some people have called it Ghost Droid. It does some very random stuff, like calling random people, sending random messages, starting random apps.

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
i looked at some threads referencing the charging issue. Sadly this is not the case. This occurs when the phone is not plugged in. I generally charge it with the official moto charger though sometimes I do charge it via usb from my workstation. Either way the problem occurs not when it is charging.

Oohyeah

Reaction score
A few minutes ago, I tried my Nexus with an unofficial charger, and had bad jumping problems. I knew about this problem from my Droid, so I pulled out the charger, expecting the problem to go away.

It didn't! I was so worried I permanently damaged it with the incorrect voltage/amperage.

But luckily, after a reboot, it returned to normal. You might want to try a reboot too.