Sudden problems with my Droid's operation

futurefields

Reaction score
Well something happened in the middle of the night and my phone hasn't been working right since this morning.

The home key and search key buttons dont work. They vibrate when touched but don't do anything. My phone wont lock, and when I hold down the power key instead of it giving me like 4 options (like airport, sleep, etc..) it just gives me one option - power off.

Anybody know what causes this and stuff, and how to remedy it?

erikfig

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If you're not rooted Download RSD Lite Here (Windows 32 Drivers HERE)and flash the Stock SBF File HERE.

If you are rooted: Re-install your Rom...

Hope that help! :)

OP
F

futurefields

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not currently rooted but I would like too. Since I'm in this situation already I figure now is a good time to do it. Can you point me in the direction of a rooting guide?

angler1

Reaction score
Well something happened in the middle of the night and my phone hasn't been working right since this morning.

The home key and search key buttons dont work. They vibrate when touched but don't do anything. My phone wont lock, and when I hold down the power key instead of it giving me like 4 options (like airport, sleep, etc..) it just gives me one option - power off.

Anybody know what causes this and stuff, and how to remedy it?

Before you start flashing rsd have you tried basic stuff like a battery pull? And if you are not rooted why not just bring it in to verizon. There may be something more to it. I am rooted and have used rsd many times. You should definately read up on it before jumping in. Just do a search there. Are lots of posts. Good luck

OP
F

futurefields

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.

The 2 files I was told to download by eric were RSDLite 4.6 and moto-droid2.01stock.sbf (RSDLite 4.6 is a zipped exe file) am I simply to drop these into my phones sd card, without unzipped RSD first? Or do I unzip RSD and then drop it onto my phone?

Thank for you the help!

PS- yes i tried battery pull, trying to avoid doing a factory reset. got my phone at best buy and I have their insurance (not verizons... dont know which is better you know so much fine print)

angler1

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.

The 2 files I was told to download by eric were RSDLite 4.6 and moto-droid2.01stock.sbf (RSDLite 4.6 is a zipped exe file) am I simply to drop these into my phones sd card, without unzipped RSD first? Or do I unzip RSD and then drop it onto my phone?

Thank for you the help!

PS- yes i tried battery pull, trying to avoid doing a factory reset. got my phone at best buy and I have their insurance (not verizons... dont know which is better you know so much fine print)

You are so far off base. You really need to read some threads in the hacking section before Continuing. Rsd is aprogram ran on your computer to flashing files to your Droid. Read the threads.. good luck

angler1

Reaction score
I would give the factory reset a try first. It may be an app. Never know

OP
F

futurefields

Reaction score
factory reset worked.

a couple days before this happened i noticed a strange app on my phone I had never seen before: keepassdroid, or something to that effect. I wonder if that had anything to do with the issue...