SU problems

dfarrell151

Reaction score
right hear with ya if i could go back to stock and start over i would i was happy with droidmod 1 but wanted to try something new and i did some thing wrong

dfarrell151

Reaction score
basicaly i have a rooted phone with a rom but no superuser permisions wont give me a chance to allow permisions in termanal emulator i get $ not # but some apps say im rotted but dont have permisions

Chrisace89

Reaction score
yeah my problem is im running 2.1 cyanogen i have root but no super user permission.. I have quickly realized that with out super user permission your phone really cant do much.. i really need to fix this problem its driving me crazy.. nothing so far people on this forum have said fixes this problem.. but i do appreciate the help.

hatuma

Reaction score
I thought jailbreaking my iphone was a pain in the ass when i first did it, until i figured it out, like an hour of digging and just like that i was jailbroken. After 7 hours of trying everything this freaking unrooting and getting software is like a rubiks cube made out of razor blades!!!

dfarrell151

Reaction score
im trying to copy my nandroid file on my sd card to the clockwork back up and go in to recovery and see if nandroid reconizes it and see if that works post when finished

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
post 51, option 2 on the previous page: you cant do your nandroid sprecovery in clockwork. read through what I wrote there:)

If you have an sprecovery nandroid file you need sprecovery to get it flashed.
You can manually get sprecovery back using the first link in my signature below. You may not even have to do all the steps because the files may already be in the root of your card. If not, just do those steps.

If you don't have an sprecovery nandroid backup then this won't help you.

Did you let clockwork create a recovery file? if so you can load that up on it's bootloader screen.

you guys aren't stuck, we'll get there. You may even decide to take my 3rd link and just go back to stock and start over. Only 7 steps there.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I thought jailbreaking my iphone was a pain in the ass when i first did it, until i figured it out, like an hour of digging and just like that i was jailbroken. After 7 hours of trying everything this freaking unrooting and getting software is like a rubiks cube made out of razor blades!!!

I've stuck with the manual processes instead of the automatic apps. I may have taken 10 hours to read through and understand what was going on but I did that reading in a non-panic mode at my own leisure, vs 7 hours of creating bald spots on my head when perhaps I had other plans. Clockwork has definitely added a few twists to the puzzle. Those who have it figured out fail to see how confusing things get for those who are having problems with it.

hatuma

Reaction score
After I did that now my phone is stuck in boot up mode, i just keep getting the motorola symbol. UGHHHHHHHHH, Oh how I miss my restore in itunes with my shotty ATT service. Ok i got an idea maybe ill try this: up up down down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start ............................... Nope that didnt work. Im starting to go crazy I'm in like the 8th hour now and counting. Please someone help, I know its not user error, there has to be something wrong somewhere. Im not the only person there are many people with same problem. I must beat this phone!!!!

dfarrell151

Reaction score
it wont let me flash the update zip or any thing else it says file not found ill try to get sp recovery back on i now u r right and i understand but im afraid the new update zip(sp recovery wont b reconized) plz dont take me the wroing way i do want and need your help

hatuma

Reaction score
I would not mind at all going back to stock and getting this done properly, but i tried your steps and it doesnt work. Well not yours exactly becuase I am on a mac, but I tried some other factory reset tricks and its a no go

Last edited:

hatuma

Reaction score
Let me also say I need your help and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After I did that now my phone is stuck in boot up mode, i just keep getting the motorola symbol. UGHHHHHHHHH, Oh how I miss my restore in itunes with my shotty ATT service. Ok i got an idea maybe ill try this: up up down down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start ............................... Nope that didnt work. Im starting to go crazy I'm in like the 8th hour now and counting. Please someone help, I know its not user error, there has to be something wrong somewhere. Im not the only person there are many people with same problem. I must beat this phone!!!!

Plugged in with more battery juice than not? 90% of the time the boot cycle is due to the battery being low. Wall power charges faster than pc power.

Also, I'm bouncing around multiple threads. This thread has multiple people with the same issue possibly trying different things. Doing "that" means I need to scroll up and figure out which "that" you might have done:)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

dfarrell151

Reaction score

I've stuck with the manual processes instead of the automatic apps. I may have taken 10 hours to read through and understand what was going on but I did that reading in a non-panic mode at my own leisure, vs 7 hours of creating bald spots on my head when perhaps I had other plans. Clockwork has definitely added a few twists to the puzzle. Those who have it figured out fail to see how confusing things get for those who are having problems with it.

the only problem is when i go in to android termanal emulatior and type su it says i dont have supermisisions but i have the nandroid and clockwork recovery