Stupid Question about Games

lisa97225

Reaction score
Okay, this is my first ever Smartphone. On my old dumbphone, when I played games, the time spent playing them came out of my air time minutes. If I play games on my Droid, does that count as airtime, or is it included in the unlimited DATA plan? I'm afraid to play games and get a huge bill this first time around!

Reaction score
Market place games don't use any "airtime" minutes, once they're downloaded, that's all you have to pay. Games from the internet, which aren't many because we don't have FLASH support, are included on the unlimited data plan. The price next to MarketPlace games is the price you pay and that's it :)

OP
L

lisa97225

Reaction score
Thanks!

I just downloaded a few of the free games from the Market, then thought...oops...I'd better make sure I'm not running out of minutes messing around playing Solitare! :)

khelek

Reaction score
Wait, huh?

I downloaded Super Pac-Man (oh please, please could this be released in the Android Market????) on my ENV and played it a bunch. If it's downloaded, why in the world would it come out of airtime minutes?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I play games on my Droid, does that count as airtime, or is it included in the unlimited DATA plan?
If it did count against anything it would count against data. I'm not sure how your former phone used air time. Was it also with Verizon?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes when buying a game on an old "dumb phone" Verizon gave you a warning message that playing the game will use airtime minutes. No idea why it would

Brokn68

Reaction score
I've never heard of games using airtime either, but as previously post stated I would think it would come out of data, which is unlimited anyways.